Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Motor Factors

Options
  • 29-11-2010 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

been googling motor factors in kilkenny and the only one i am getting is James Walsh... and of course there is halfords.... anyone know of any others? just wanna do a price comparison for car battery that i now need because of this stooopid weather!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

There is

Top Part
    Loughboy Ind Est Kilkenny Co. Kilkenny
    (across from woodies, on the left as you turn in from the ring road side, 52.635413,-7.242906 in google maps)
    (056)7750020

There is another in the Hebron beside all floors and DPD but i can't remember what its called.

Hebron road the branch nearest Nolan park

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

greenfly wrote: »
    There is

Top Part
    Loughboy Ind Est Kilkenny Co. Kilkenny
    (across from woodies, on the left as you turn in from the ring road side, 52.635413,-7.242906 in google maps)
    (056)7750020

There is another in the Hebron beside all floors and DPD but i can't remember what its called.

Hebron road the branch nearest Nolan park

thanks for that! i am living near nolan park so will ring loughboy for a price and look for hebron later perhaps..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kkgrl

there is also a place alot closer to you on Hebron Road called ATB Tyres & Exhausts. They also sell batteries!!

kkgrl wrote: »
    there is also a place alot closer to you on Hebron Road called ATB Tyres & Exhausts. They also sell batteries!!

Right you are didn't think of them,

ATB Tyres & Exhausts
    Hebron rd Kilkenny Co. Kilkenny
    (056)7761125

(save you a walk)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

needed a battery recently myself and found the above to be expensive when I priced with them. There is a motor factor close to the cinema(I'm bad with street names in Kilkenny), down a street on the same side as Brennan's Bottling Bar just before a chip shop. They were half the price that I was quoted in other motor factors. Keep in mind that I'm a miser and pleaded for some discount.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

needed a battery recently myself and found the above to be expensive when I priced with them. There is a motor factor close to the cinema(I'm bad with street names in Kilkenny), down a street on the same side as Brennan's Bottling Bar just before a chip shop. They were half the price that I was quoted in other motor factors. Keep in mind that I'm a miser and pleaded for some discount.

That's Walshes on Walkin St.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

well the prices i have gotten so far are:

Walshs 80
    ATB 75
    Top Part 80

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Sometimes the main dealers can actually be cheaper for batterys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭t63m

Go to one of the breakers yards and you'll get what you need for a fraction of the price. Theyll test it for you before you take it away

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kkgrl

i wouldn't go to a breakers yard for a battery. if you buy a new one you would get a years guarantee on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Ive recently heard that Multiparts in Hebron are very good on car batteries, pricewise.

A lot of people would not think of there as it is more agricultural/truck factors, but give them a shot see are they cheaper.

http://www.adireland.ie/car,multiparts.html

Kilkenny Autoparts is also in the Hebron, and there is a place in Bennetsbridge on the right hand side just before the Danesfort turn off (couple hundred yards before the Bridge)

I reckon Multiparts or Bennetsbridge is your best bet.

to be honest if your not in a bad way for it and looking for the cheapest deal, you could always try the car boot sale out the Calan road on Sunday.

Obviously there are disadvantages or buying one there (no warranty, etc) to somewhere else, but if you know what your looking for i would say its probably as good if not a better alternative than going to a breakers yard.

If you are looking for a breaker, try Ger Muhaull out the Tullaroan road.

Ger Mulhall
    Tullaroan Road
    Bonnettstown
    Co. Kilkenny
    Tel: 056-776-2508
    Fax: 056-777-0666
    Mobile: 087-259-3006

Have you bought a battery or got any more prices?

Most of the batterys are sold out now.

AD Multiparts 80 yoyo....

trying to get someone to come out the house and put it in !! i had a look at the one in and aint got any tools at all to do the job..

anyone any ideas?

Buy a cheap spanner to do it, only be a few euro

For a start it would be handy to give the car model and year etc.

Plug wrote: »
    For a start it would be handy to give the car model and year etc.

indeed plug your right...

its a 99 bmw 318i petrol...

battery is in the boot

indeed plug your right...

its a 99 bmw 318i petrol...

battery is in the boot
    I never done one but since its german you will probably need a 13mm and 10mm spanner. Bring it to a garage it will only take a few minutes I'd say.

Advertisement