Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody know anything about CE double payments?

• 29-11-2010 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

I've a family member (a lone parent) up the walls wondering what way the budget will affect her wages. She is on a CE scheme so she is paid for that and also receives a reduced percentage of her lone parents allowance.

There were rumours last budget about an end to double payments but that didn't happen at the time. Nothing has been leaked in the press yet about how CE workers will be impacted in the budget. Does anybody know anything about it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭havana

As far as I can remember there were no double payments last year. With the way christmas fell last year I think people were paid for 2 weeks the week before but then received no payment Christmas week.

Edit http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/christmas_bonus.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

By double payments the OP is referring to receiving two allowances all the time while on a CE Scheme (or Fas course), one CE Scheme payment and part of social welfare payment, in this case Lone Parents Allowance; those on Disability are also entitled to this arrangement.

I can't imagine the situation will continue but you never know, very little detail has been leaked on budget, but we don't have long to wait until we find out, next week isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Elle Collins

katkin wrote: »
    I can't imagine the situation will continue but you never know, very little detail has been leaked on budget, but we don't have long to wait until we find out, next week isn't it?

Yes. The thing I find unfair about that is that if she was working part-time in any job other than Community Employment she'd be entitled to claim Family Income Support. She isn't any better off financially than someone working part-time and claiming FIS, so if the government take €245 off her weekly (which is what they've been threatening to do) she'll be treated vastly differently than a person working in a regular part-time job. Though knowing this government they'll probably do a hatchet job on Family Income Support payments also...

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

My mother is a single parent on a CE scheme and is wondering about this as well, she still has 2 kids under 17 at home. I have just started on one, but am not a single parent, so have taken over my husbands eligibility to participate, so we don't get the double payment-hoping our money doesn't get cut too much!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Anything people are hearing about budget cuts is only conjecture at the moment. Nobody knows yet what will happen in the budget - have to wait until 7th December unfortunately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement