Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brother not being paid for pub job

Options
  • 29-11-2010 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭

Hi
    My kid brother has done an average of 20 hours for about 6 weeks in a pub in Blackrock. He has not been paid and left last week.
    How do we go about getting his money?
    Anyone any ideas. I am going to call the guy, with my brother this evening and ask him to have it ready for 6pm tomorrow or we will lodge a complaint with the Labour Court. Is this the right path?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,511 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Who-ever you report the situation to, for goodness sake let your brother do the talking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Will do of course. He's just rang me and asked for guidance. He's on his way to my house to call from my phone, as he doesn't have any miney even for credit.
    Still I need some help to put him on the right track. Google seems to be indicating after an official letter, the the employment appeals tribunal is the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Is Deficiency In Payment Or Non-Payment Of Wages Lawful?

No. Any non-payment of wages or any deficiency in the amount of wages owed is regarded as an unlawful deduction unless the deficiency or non-payment is attributable to an error of computation.

from siptu site.

if you look at citizens advice web site i'm sure it will tell you all you need to know. Or just call them

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yeah, I'm thinking that Citizens Information would be the best starting point.

They may well direct him to NERA, but could also make a few related suggestions about what could be said to Welfare and even Revenue (I'm picking that the employer hasn't been paying PRIS either!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

A claim to the Rights Commissioner under the Payment of Wages Act should be made. Also make a claim if there were no written terms of employment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement