Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparative Study :)

• 29-11-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey
    I'm currently repeating my leaving certificate, and would love to get a better grade in my english. Unfortunately, as the english course changes every year, none of the studies i did for my comparative study last year are on the course.
    I was wondering what are the easiest comparatives to do so that i can get a good grade, and would anyone recommend a book that i could get with them comparatives in them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭cal4nia

yea i am repeting too, but i am using 1 of the ones i did last year (lies of silence) u could do that too if they are still on for this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Comparative:

1)Lies of Silence, basically everyone does this as it's easy to follow & interests alot of the younger population.

2)Dancing at Lughnasa, easy to compare & contrast with lies of silence easy to follow and in general a book that is possible to read in 20mins.

3)Il Postino, simply because it gives a clear link between the two above and itself, it is in Italian but it's a film that can easily be remembered in an exam situation.

1)General Vision & Viewpoint:
    2)Cultural Context:

Three relatively easy texts in thinking up comparisons & contrasts.

3)Theme & Issue:

All three contain the relatively simple theme of Love that is easy to write about.

These texts as far as I know are the three centered on in Key Notes English 2011 book,Good luck picking which comparatives you want to do,it can't be easy having to re-do an entirely different english course in one year!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gerii

Thank you for your help :)
    Im finding it difficult ya, but determined to do well in it :)

Advertisement