If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mordaunt Short spares

Options
  • 29-11-2010 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hi, do you stock Mordaunt Short spares? I bought a pair of Mordaunt Short Alumni stands for my Mordaunt Short Alumni speakers. The bracket you put on the back of the speaker which allows you to sit the speaker onto the stand is damaged and won't stay on.

Cheers,

BC

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

bcirl03 wrote: »
    Hi, do you stock Mordaunt Short spares? I bought a pair of Mordaunt Short Alumni stands for my Mordaunt Short Alumni speakers. The bracket you put on the back of the speaker which allows you to sit the speaker onto the stand is damaged and won't stay on.

Cheers,

BC

BC,

we don't stock them but we can probably order them in for you.

If you would be so kind as to take a photo of the offending piece I'm meeting with MS later this week & I'll chat personally with him to see if we can grab it for you.

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Thanks John - appreciate the fast resoponse.

Pictures attached, let me know if there ok.

Cheers,

BC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I have a spare wall mount bracket if that's any good to you. I got the brackets from a supplier up in the 6 counties - I'll root out the name and number for you.

Cheers,

BC

Bc,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

It appears that all MS spares are now dealt with by a company called Charles Hyde in the UK - you can get them at 0044.1759.303.068

keep me posted if you don't have any joy ( and thanks a Billion Gman - a gent as always ( we only talk in Billions now in Ireland :D)

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John, I'll give them a shout and let you know if I have any issues.

Cheers also to gman2k - I have a few spare wall mounts myself after I had the speakers in another room.

BC

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Unfortunately I have come up against a brick wall whilst looking for my Mordaunt Short spare.

I contacted Charles Hyde in the UK and they told me that the part was not available from them as it is a retail sales item.

I jumped onto the Mordaunt Short website who also recommended contacting Charles Hyde if in the UK or Marantz directly for all other countries. I dropped Marantz a request via their website and so far have heard nothing.

Is there any other avenues we can go down to get my spare, at the moment my lovely Onkyo 606 is a 4.1 at the moment :(

Thanks,

BC

Hi John,

Unfortunately I have come up against a brick wall whilst looking for my Mordaunt Short spare.

I contacted Charles Hyde in the UK and they told me that the part was not available from them as it is a retail sales item.

I jumped onto the Mordaunt Short website who also recommended contacting Charles Hyde if in the UK or Marantz directly for all other countries. I dropped Marantz a request via their website and so far have heard nothing.

Is there any other avenues we can go down to get my spare, at the moment my lovely Onkyo 606 is a 4.1 at the moment :(

Thanks,

BC

BC,

leave it with me!

ATB,

John Mc

Happy New Year John - any luck with obtaining the elusive MS spare for me?

Cheers,

BC

Happy New Year John - any luck with obtaining the elusive MS spare for me?

Cheers,

BC

BC,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you on this one - It appears that this part is not actually available as a spare - If you like I will sell you our demo stand (the whole unit) at £39?? (normally £79)

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

BC,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you on this one - It appears that this part is not actually available as a spare - If you like I will sell you our demo stand (the whole unit) at £39?? (normally £79)

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Thanks for your help.

Finding it difficult to part with £39 for a small such a small yet important piece of the stand. Shame on MS all the same for not being able to supply the spare part.

Any chance you can swipe the part I need and say nothing :)

Cheers,

BC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Unfortunately if we swipe that bit, our stand will then be useless, along with it's little friend that also came in the box.

I too don't fully understand why that part is not available, but the discount on the stand is the best that we can do.

Sorry.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.