Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum re-name

Options
  • 29-11-2010 5:53pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Almost had a heart attack! What's going on? :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Forum names in the Tech category are being changed to keep posters on their toes. I remember aidan saying the main reasoning behind it was to make it more difficult for people to drunkpost in here.... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Mainly to stop ME drunk posting in fairness :)

Mainly to stop ME drunk posting in fairness :)

aidan_walsh = cherry's alt-account??!?! :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Solitaire wrote: »
    aidan_walsh = cherry's alt-account??!?! :eek::eek::eek:
    Sssshhhhhhhhhhhh.

Nah, in reality the change came about because there tended to be some confusion with people looking for the home DIY sections of boards. This should clarify that here isn't the place they're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

but what about the people that are looking for the etiquette training forum, won't they be confused now?

• Advertisement

Sure they really need to help Darwin along and die anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Sssshhhhhhhhhhhh.

Nah, in reality the change came about because there tended to be some confusion with people looking for the home DIY sections of boards. This should clarify that here isn't the place they're looking for.
    While you're at it, why don't you merge it with tweaking and modding and make it Building and Modding or something. I think the upgrading is implicit as it is only in the exceptional case that a person, who is taking on a project this nature, would be aiming to downgrade what they have currently.

Then you'd have enthusiasts and hobbyists and their OC logs and casemods clashing with all the semi-skilled near-noobs coming here looking for help. I certainly think B&U should maintain very close links with O&M but I'm not that big a fan of any potential merger. I'd rather people got up off their bums and revived the Irish modding community and O&M as a result :p

Advertisement