Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monitor not starting on first boot

• 29-11-2010 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

Last week and this morning my work PC's monitor is not working when I first boot the PC.

I have to press the CPU button to power off then restart the PC and then the monitor does work.

Any ideas what this might be?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Oi! *cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

had a similar issue when using dvi connection to graphics card for some reason what graphics card and monitor do you have

The graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 7650 GS
    Field Value
    Video Adapter Properties
    Device Description NVIDIA GeForce 7650 GS
    Adapter String GeForce 7650 GS
    BIOS String Version 5.73.22.44.03
    Chip Type GeForce 7650 GS
    DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC
    Installed Drivers nv4_disp (6.14.11.9745 - nVIDIA ForceWare 97.45)
    Memory Size 256 MB

and the monitor is a 21inch Gericom 19inch
    Field Value
    Monitor Properties
    Monitor Name Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB]
    Monitor ID TVT0070
    Model
    Manufacture Date Week 15 / 2005
    Serial Number 15151827
    Max. Visible Display Size 38 cm x 30 cm (19.1")
    Picture Aspect Ratio 4:3
    Horizontal Frequency 24 - 80 kHz
    Vertical Frequency 50 - 75 Hz
    Gamma 2.20
    DPMS Mode Support Standby, Suspend, Active-Off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

is it connected to graphics card by dvi or vga?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

CAN YOU GO INTO THE monitors menu, switch off power save,or sleep mode, eg mode = always on.What model is it,eg dell 780m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭Mits

If the monitor is still in standby, turning on and off the monitor should bring it back to life. If you have to turn on and off the PC, check the cable connections. If the problem persists you have a faulty monitor. If you can swop with a different monitor for testing.

I had an issue with a monitor that would not work first time in the morning. Every time I went to the customers site it was working. Eventually replaced the monitor and cured the problem.

Do you have to power off the PC and switch it back on to get the monitor to work? If this is the case then it may not be the monitor at all, could be an intermittent POST issue - RAM, motherboard etc. My work PC has recently been locking up on the first boot in the morning and I suspect it's the weather as the building is bitterly cold in the morning due to the snow.

Thanks for the replies!

It is a VGA connection and I don't see a power save option in the monitor menus.

Everything inside the PC is as bought so hopefully no problems in there

It may be the monitor as it is a few years old - and the cold might be a factor.

Advertisement