Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garmin 1340 vs 255w

Options
  • 29-11-2010 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

hi,
    i had the garmin 255w until it was stolen and now am looking at both of these sat navs....just not sure which one i should go for...anyone have any advice/info???

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It Really depends on the features you want. I always recommend sticking with TomTom or Garmin as you are sure of regular software & map updates.
    Garmin has Loc8 codes
    TomTom has Live services incl HD traffic & Google Search & Weather.
    Various devices on both may have bluetooth hands free etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rurz23

thanks, they are both garmin models...i was just wondering is there any difference between them? which is better to get??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I know . I was just giving you a few more options. Here is a good place to compare Garmin devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

have a look in your nearest harvey normans. they often have a good range of new garmins and tomtoms on display which you can play around with.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BSOH

Harvey Norman isn't at the races as far as price is concerned. Save money by going to Halfords instead. I'm amazed Harvey Norman doesn't seem to check their prices for competitiveness against Halfords

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

I should have been clearer recommending a trip to Hardlys is purely for hands-on research!

The nuvi 1340 is available from Expansys for Eur132 or Amazon.co.uk for £101.

The 1340T is Eur 153 (from Exp.) or £123 (from Amaz.) same unit but with live traffic.

Live traffic data has recently started broadcasting in Dublin and should hopefully be available nationwide in the near future.

Advertisement