Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help with ski pants hole

• 29-11-2010 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

hey, i was messin about in the snow n ripped two holes on the back of my ski pants. would any one kno if there is a way to fix the holes?? :confused:

will iron on patches work?? their 5,000 mm quicksilver ones....

Why i didnt wear out my old ones ill never kno :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭olaola

Can you sew them? Depeding on the material, the patches might not stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

the material's a form of plastic layer so im not sure if sewing them will work, i bought patches earlier and am going to give sticking them from the inside a go as they wont get as much snow to the patch... seen as im a boarder and were on our ass's alot :P:D

fingers crossed it works.. might see about sewing thought aswell to reinforce it:rolleyes:

Thanks

the material's a form of plastic layer so im not sure if sewing them will work, i bought patches earlier and am going to give sticking them from the inside a go as they wont get as much snow to the patch... seen as im a boarder and were on our ass's alot :P:D

fingers crossed it works.. might see about sewing thought aswell to reinforce it:rolleyes:

Thanks

Could you do a patch on the inside and outside - like a sandwich? And then sew them together - ultra reinforcement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Take a Ride in your G6 and buy new ones.

But on a more serious note, the post above is the best way forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

yea i think ill go for the sandwitch approach, would work the best, thanks :D

and i would get new ones but ive been looking areound and the shops just have plain ones this year... my ones have pinstripes rinning through it with designes under it

• Advertisement

If you can, do a blanket stitch around the edges - so there's nothing to catch if you fall... again :)

blanket-stitch.jpg

Advertisement