Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favorite Hip Hop of 2010

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Just started listening to that other Oddfuture album from Tyler The Creator. It's pretty much just as good as the Earl Sweatshirt one. Production is just amazing. They've got really interesting writing styles too. Kind of post-Doom newschool ****. Nobody else sounds like that crew do.

Def my best discovery of 2010 though I think that Tyler album came out last year. Check out the Mellowhype stuff too it's top notch.
    Had a thread about Odd Future a while back here and got zero replies :D glad someone else here is diggin their stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

I defo rate the Gas Mask album from The Left and the Ev (from digable planets) beatles album is nice too i think and obviously the roots album.. also ski beats, gangrene, muggs vs ill bill, statik selectah & termanology. to name a few..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Stab*City wrote: »
    I defo rate the Gas Mask album from The Left and the Ev (from digable planets) beatles album is nice too i think and obviously the roots album.. also ski beats, gangrene, muggs vs ill bill, statik selectah & termanology. to name a few..

ehem, Dialated Peoples :)

I still have to listen to Gas Mask and the Evidence EP along with alot of other stuff from last year. I've heard that Gas Mask is excellent.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    ehem, Dialated Peoples :)

I still have to listen to Gas Mask and the Evidence EP along with alot of other stuff from last year. I've heard that Gas Mask is excellent.

:D:D:D:D

Sorry i meant DP!!

Still have Gas Mask in the cd changer..

I must say im listening to that death is silent album by Kno and it is somethin else.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Been going over a few albums i've missed or didnt get around to listeing to.

Phillip Morris - The Truth Campaign is dope
    Evidence's Beatles Ep is dope.
    AG and Dilla - Dunkin Donuts is dope, nice free mixtape
    i started listenening to The Left - Gas Mask and it sounds like the best thing i've heard in a long time.....then the battery on my iPad died :( I'll be getting back to this album later.

I also checked out B.O.B. but wasnt that impressed by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Just started listening to that other Oddfuture album from Tyler The Creator. It's pretty much just as good as the Earl Sweatshirt one. Production is just amazing. They've got really interesting writing styles too. Kind of post-Doom newschool ****. Nobody else sounds like that crew do.

Took a chance on this and have been heartily rewarded :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Devlin - Bud sweat and beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Two albums from Detroit from 2010 ive been playing constantly, The Left - Gas Mask and Apollo Brown - The Reset. That city has been producing a lot of quality stuff over the past few years.

The Left - Gas Mask is a brilliant album. Excellent production and the MC is very good.

Ghostface - Apollo Kids........finally listened to it and it's one of my favorite Wu releases in a long while. No interludes, 12 tracks, only 2 songs that go over the 4 minute mark, excellent guest spots, top notch production, no filler.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 MCnoFlow

Distant relatives
    Big Boi
    Mac Miller - Kids
    Reflections eternal - Rpm
    J Cole - Fnl
    Kanye
    The Roots

In no particular order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Definitely My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. One of the best albums I've ever heard in any genre, and I've listened to a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

My Top 5 of 2010:

Kanye - MBDTF
    Kno - DIS
    Eminem - Recovery
    Big Boi - SLLF
    Styles P & Green Lantern - TGGP (Production is immense)

(No Order)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jigga95

Has anyone heard big k.r.i.t's mixtape? I would recommend shad... His album is serious. Search shad, Rose garden on YouTube :)

jigga95 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard big k.r.i.t's mixtape? I would recommend shad... His album is serious. Search shad, Rose garden on YouTube :)

+1 on Shad and Rose Garden.

I wasnt too impressed with Big KRIT given that it got a lot of hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭HATCHET IRL

7l and esoterics album is worth a listen. if i was to make a top ten of 2010 i would have shad in there defo. i would love to make a top ten bit theres still too much i have to listn to, too much hiphop not enough time:(

7l and esoterics album is worth a listen. if i was to make a top ten of 2010 i would have shad in there defo. i would love to make a top ten bit theres still too much i have to listn to, too much hiphop not enough time:(

Completely forgot that they released an album, i remember hearing 1 or 2 songs and they where great. Must get my grubby hands on the album.

Advertisement