Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murg Makhani

Options
  • 29-11-2010 7:25pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone out there know how to cook this? Ive tried many different times and just cant recreate the taste in the ones you get in an Indian. I used to get it all the time in the Popadom. Its a tomato based curry with chicken, ive attempted it many times but it always tastes slightly different.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Try this recipe. It's Week 34 of The Cooking Club.

I also tried making it several times in the past but could never get it right. The missing ingredient (in my case) all along was of all things, honey.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thank you very much ill try it out! Never thought of using honey!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

i work in an indian restaurant and find the secret ingredient in a makhani to be almond paste. i have no idea where you could get it, (i tried my local international and pakistani stores, and they dont stock any) but if i ever find out, ill be stocking up! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

When it comes to recipes for Indian food Madhur Jaffrey is a most reliable writer - and this link is to her recipe for Murk Makhani: http://www.suntimes.com/recipes/poultry/30232,murgmakhani.recipe

I think it's the double cooking - first make the tandoori chicken, and then add that to the sauce that is the secret in this. There is also the danger of eating the tandoori chicken first before it ever gets to the sauce!

Advertisement