Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Economics - Price Discrimination Graph

• 29-11-2010 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I am having a lot of trouble finding a correct explanation and illustration of a price-discriminating firm which faces a monopoly in the home market and a perfectly competitive market in the foreign market. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭fairyribbon

there isn't an explanation in my book but there is a diagram of the two .what book do you have ?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭morningpeasant

'Leaving Cert Economics' by Dennis O'Grady.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I should have what you are looking for will have a look in the morning and post a JPEG for ya
    PM me if you still need it by tomorrow afternoon and I haven't posted it up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Mmmm
    I discovered that if i was to scan in the notes & graphs that I have in relation to price discrimination it would take most of the day :D

BUT
    I did find this:

http://mba651fall2007.wikispaces.com/1st,+2nd+and+3rd+Price+discrimination

It is quite good in that it shows the graph for a monopoly situation and a perfectly competitive market AND the 3rd graph shows how the combination of the 2

Have a look & get back to me if you don't understand it or need more info

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

rapid revision economics, pg. 96...graph and explanation [the graph shows pc and monopoly together

• Advertisement

mick kk wrote: »
    rapid revision economics, pg. 96...graph and explanation [the graph shows pc and monopoly together

That graph is inaccurate as P.C is not producing at the lowest point on the AC curve! It is an accurate version of that graph that I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

eh...maybe i'm wrong but in my book Qa is the quantity associated with the lowest point on the AC curve. I don't see anythig wrong with that graph - PC is efficeint

mick kk wrote: »
    eh...maybe i'm wrong but in my book Qa is the quantity associated with the lowest point on the AC curve. I don't see anythig wrong with that graph - PC is efficeint
    When was your edition of the book published? I don't suppose you could scan the page and post it?

Still very confused about this topic; if anyone could help, that would be fantastic.

Advertisement