Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Meteor Bill from Vodafone PAYG - Meteor want a mobile bill from me... ?

Options
  • 29-11-2010 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

I did a forum search before posting this and didn't find anything.

When moving to Meteor Bill Pay, they give a list of documents they require. Number 4 on the list is

"A copy of your current mobile bill: If you are moving your number to meteor, you must send us a copy of your current mobile bill from your existing operator. If you send this you don't also need to send anything from Number 3 above."

(It doesn't say that Number 4 is optional, which means that you have to send this item. It states if you send item Number 4, then item Number 3 is not necessary. Since item Number 4 is compulsory, clearly item Number 3 is entirely pointless. - ? *rolls eyes* ANYway...)

My question is this: How exactly can a person on PAYG produce a mobile phone bill?

Especially on Vodafone, who refuse to show you information about the calls and texts you have sent, for some unknown reason.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Yeah that's my question, Lol. You are almost definitely correct. But they have provided this list of items they say they need in order to sign you up to Meteor Billpay. Number 4 is a mobile bill, and they don't offer an alternative or state that it's optional in any way whatsoever.

I should just ring them. I shouldn't have to, though. Who writes these things??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Fisher Calhoun

I recently signed up to their Bill Pay Smart Lite (30 day rolling contract) and was able to get sorted with a Motor Tax Certificate (i.e. the renewal letter they send with the PIN number). As I understand it, all they need is a proof of address and look for a utility bill, previous phone bill, bank statement or government sent communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You would need one of the following

ID: Driving License or Passport

Proof of Address: Bank Statement, Credit Card Statement, eircom/landline bill, mobile phone bill (broadband works too), Motor Tax letter, Income Tax letter, P60, Insurance Cert

All the POAs need to be less than 3 months old. Even if, like insurance, they are valid for 1 year. So if it's not issued within the last 3 months, it's not likely to be accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭palm

Unfortunately noone has read your posts properly.

In essence the OP has asked about the proof of his number for porting to Meteor and no one has answered his question. Instead all the replies have addressed a completely different issue.

Sorry OP but I do not have the answer. However I'm sure Meteor Customer care could answer it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

When i changed over from Vodafone to Meteor, i did it in store and the staff simply phoned me while i was standing in front of them. In addition they asked me some details about the bill i handed them. Its arbitrary stuff like. Really they should be calling your previous supplier and confirming with them; which i suspect they will if you ask them to. They WANT your business so its in their interests. Meteor are nice in my experience anyway, so as in the above post, i recommend contacting customer services.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

palm wrote: »
    Unfortunately noone has read your posts properly.

In essence the OP has asked about the proof of his number for porting to Meteor and no one has answered his question. Instead all the replies have addressed a completely different issue.

Sorry OP but I do not have the answer. However I'm sure Meteor Customer care could answer it.

No he didn't. He asked how someone on PayG could produce a bill. They can't, simple as. You don't need proof of ownership with Meteor for a phone number. Possession is generally enough as they will call your number in store.

Advertisement