Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA vs BBC Match Thread Panorama BBC 1 10pm 29/11/2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Ooh, allegations of 3 other FIFA officials taking bribes, should be worth a watch. Let's hope Panorama have more than circumstantial evidence this time round...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

10pm? It's already over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus, the BBC can't get their timing right can they? Three days before the World Cup decision and then the same time as Barcelona v Madrid? Idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

About time we had bbc1 + 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

yeah my bad :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

For anyone that missed it
    Part 1

Part 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I watched it and there was some real evidence, but it is not a recent thing, from memory I think it stems from between 89 and 99. Except for the african ticket tout guy.
    What amazed me more were the conditions set down by fifa for the host, which the dutch have leaked, the main one being that a tax free haven must be set up for fifa.
    Basically I think the bbc are of the opinion that there is very little money to be made from hosting the tournment, the dutch worked out that they would host it at a loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭secman

That anyone should be surprised that there is coruption in FIFA is surprising in itself. Same goes for the Olympic Council.

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

you can see where FAI takes its lead form

Was pretty underwhelming. Nothing really new here if you've been following Andrew Jenning's stuff before, getting fed up of the shots of him getting ejected from Hotel's and the like. Still, it's good to see him making more headway on the ISL stuff, get the feeling FIFA wont be able to ignore him for much longer.

As an aside, at least something concrete has come of this:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/30/ioc-fifa-hayatou-bbc-panorama

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Regardless of the programme, the BBC cant try and justify the timing was anything other than sensationalist journalism, the same thing tabloid newspapers do before any big tournament in England.

None of what was said was new or needed immediate airing.

It could have waited until after the bids were in, or even weeks before. Sh*t job the national broadcaster has done on the bid, which incidentally I think was probably not going to win anyway. Hope I am wrong as it would be handy having the World Cup on the doorstep.

dooferoaks wrote: »

The detail of the payments is new. The Swiss courts previously found evidence of the payments but not where they went. It remains to be seen, but this could actually do a lot more damage to FIFA in the long run than the Sunday Times thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Regardless of the programme, the BBC cant try and justify the timing was anything other than sensationalist journalism, the same thing tabloid newspapers do before any big tournament in England.

It could have waited until after the bids were in, or even weeks before. Sh*t job the national broadcaster has done on the bid, which incidentally I think was probably not going to win anyway. Hope I am wrong as it would be handy having the World Cup on the doorstep.

the cynic in me says that England now have their excuse for not getting it

Advertisement