Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dimplex electric oil heaters?

Options
  • 29-11-2010 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what these cost to run per hour?am freezing and have one but are they expensive on esb bill?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

check the rating on it-prob 2kw

the cost will depend on the dial setting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

M cebee wrote: »
    check the rating on it-prob 2kw

the cost will depend on the dial setting

ya its 2kw. so if i put it ona low enough heat just to take chill out of the room, would it still be expensive you think?

They are quite inexpensive to run. We have two in our mobile home and they cost us very little.

They are quite inexpensive to run. We have two in our mobile home and they cost us very little.

good to know, thanks for that!i may just fill my room with them in that case!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

about 14 cent per kw (kilowatt), so a 2kw heater would be 28 cent an hour. They wont be on constant if the heater is adeqate for the room as they go on and off when the set temp is reached. But a 2 kw one on for 10 hours would probably cost €2 so that is a rough idea.

• Advertisement

robbie7730 wrote: »
    about 14 cent per kw (kilowatt), so a 2kw heater would be 28 cent an hour. They wont be on constant if the heater is adeqate for the room as they go on and off when the set temp is reached. But a 2 kw one on for 10 hours would probably cost €2 so that is a rough idea.
    phew thanks for that, thought it would be more expensive the way people go on about them! thanks robbie7730

I think people put Oil Heaters in the same category as Convection Heaters which are more expensive.

I think people put Oil Heaters in the same category as Convection Heaters which are more expensive.

Ya, im surprised actually that they work ot that cheap to run especially when you've said that you have two and they barely cost anything to heat

Its all the same really, a 2kw convection heater will cost the same per hour as a 2kw oil heater. It might sound cheap to run per day, but it quickly adds up after a few weeks if they were on constantly. Its all down to the amount of usage, and the heater being in a position to best heat the room and also be able to sense when the temperature has reached the heater stat setting.

Maybe having a portable oil heater makes the user more aware of usage where as a wall mounted convection heater could just be left on and forgotten about.

Its all the same really, a 2kw convection heater will cost the same per hour as a 2kw oil heater. It might sound cheap to run per day, but it quickly adds up after a few weeks if they were on constantly. Its all down to the amount of usage, and the heater being in a position to best heat the room and also be able to sense when the temperature has reached the heater stat setting.

Maybe having a portable oil heater makes the user more aware of usage where as a wall mounted convection heater could just be left on and forgotten about.
    ya its a portable one,think i wont lose the run of myself though and just leave it on a few hours at night

• Advertisement

pookiesboo wrote: »
    ya its a portable one,think i wont lose the run of myself though and just leave it on a few hours at night

Yea you will be grand then, its when people have them goin all day each day and then get a shock at the bill, the temperature down here this week i can almost feel a blast of heat out of the fridge when i open it:)

Yea you will be grand then, its when people have them goin all day each day and then get a shock at the bill, the temperature down here this week i can almost feel a blast of heat out of the fridge when i open it:)
    its nearly warmer outside than this house..brrrrrrrrrr:mad:

Advertisement