Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Forum Ban

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Leinster vs. Munster
    On this forum there is a fair bit of natural tribalism. We are not against that, it's very good and part of the game. Unfortunately, some people don't know how to handle it. constant arguing, bickering, bitching etc will result in bans. If a thread is pulled off topic by this behaviour all participants will be banned. Instead of getting involved and getting banned, report the posts.

your post read
    I don't think Marcus Horan will play Test Rugby for Ireland again notwithstanding Kidneys loyalties to his former Munster favourites.

emphasis mine.

The thread was pulled off topic by your post and some posters responding to it. Your post was unnecessary. It did result in the thread being pulled off topic into the interprovincial bickering, and the protagonists were banned. All per the charter IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

The emboldened piece in my original post in that thread was intended to frame the piece that preceded.

Basically; I wasn't looking for a rise. I have never done on this site. I find it incredible that I've been banned for a week for allegedly engaging in Off-Topic Interprovincial debate when I have allegiances to neither province.

Overall is my first post off-topic? We're discussing the 2011 rugby World Cup squad and Marcus Horan was mooted as a possible inclusion; I've expressed an opinion that I don't think he will make it.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted by this tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

cson wrote: »

Overall is my first post off-topic?

it's not a question of off-topic. Your post, deliberately or otherwise, is a mirror of many many such posts in the forum over the years. It has been actioned many times over.

The rest of the strand of posts in response to it are off-topic and the charter is clear about the repercussions.

Ok, well to me it seems I'm getting conflicting messages regarding my banning. I'm led to believe that it's mainly due to my initial post on the thread and two subsequent replies to a poster on the thread.

The charter is clear about the reprecussions of entering into Interprovincial debate in an off topic manner. Similarly it states "Straying off topic will result in post deletion" which one can only assert means generally off topic.

If it is for my initial post I was banned I find it frankly ridiculous. I expressed an opinion and framed it within a context of my opinion, in no way does it seek to incite a Provincial ****fest nor does it in my opinion read that way.

For the replys I posted following that; none engage in any of the bannable provincial debate cited; they would come under the 'post deletion' policy per the charter.

Thus I can only assume I was banned for my initial post which is wholly unfair in my opinion.

I feel that an example has been attempted to be made of myself and certain posters. I feel I have been banned because a poster picked out a quote in my post that suited his agenda and followed it with the abhorred Interprovincial Slant which I have not continued in any way.

I'm feeling extremely aggrieved here to be honest. I enjoy contributing and reading the Rugby forum. 7 days is not a long time but the principle of the matter is why I've brought this to dispute resolution.

Can I understand from your posts on this thread uberwolf that you will be backing the decision of the moderator and my next course of action will be to contact an admin?

Clearly we have both made our case and do not agree at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Grand stuff. I'll have a read through the thread and get back to you with a decision based on what has been said here and the thread itself.

LoLth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Ok, I've had a read through the thread and the ban reason and this thread.

from the charter in the rugby forum:
    On this forum there is a fair bit of natural tribalism. We are not against that, it's very good and part of the game. Unfortunately, some people don't know how to handle it. constant arguing, bickering, bitching etc will result in bans. If a thread is pulled off topic by this behaviour all participants will be banned. Instead of getting involved and getting banned, report the posts

from the thread:
    post #8 by cson:
    @ Leeroy: I don't think Marcus Horan will play Test Rugby for Ireland again notwithstanding Kidneys loyalties to his former Munster favourites.

so you started the discussion of munster/leinster bias. You were first to brign up the subject.

captain blackbeard responded and in post #19 you replied, quoting his message and adding:
    Good man.

Quote what suits you and take what I said out of context.

you then responded again in post #28 this time editing captain blackbeard's post to add emphasis to the comment on munster and make your own comment
    Take up a career in Tabloid Journalism tbh.

now, to me, that is taking part in the discussion and it is a discussion which didnt start until you brought it up.

Is a 7 day ban harsh? yes imho it is, however, the charter makes the consequences clear and the ban was applied to three posters who were most responsible for continuing the off topic debate. That makes it consistent and rules out the issue of unfair treatment.

sorry cson but I have to agree with the mods and cmod on this one.

I'll accept your decision notwithstanding I still feel I was unnecessarily made an example of.

Advertisement