Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sort of split between 2 mtbs what you guys think

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Personally if the Cube is purely an ex-display bike and not an ex-test bike its the one to go for - frames are about the same but the Cube has a better fork, brakes, hubs & tyres.

Plus it looks better - a key factor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭thehangtenguy

Your getting better components with the cube. Your paying for the trek name/marketing with the trek. I'd go for the cube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Two great bikes, but I would opt for the Cube also.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭figarofigaro

If the Cube is as described, I'd go for it. Get the Trek if you like it though, it is a nice bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

trek is €900 big difference

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Barrya

cube by a mile. better components and while it is likely not common, I just snapped a trek alpha black aluminium frame. trek has a higher level of alu used in frames (7000 series) and that is of the same quality of the cube you are considering.

I wouldn't even think twice. have fun with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Id deffo go for the cube too. Better bike with better components.

Word of warning tho, id take down your link to it as your only advertising a good discounted bike and someone might have no problem getting in there before ya. Look after yourself first:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Cube!

ok does this sound dodge not sure ?? Im in cork would have to travel to meath for the bike, seller has a few people looking to take it off him , so i offered €680 instead on €650 if he would hold the bike until i can travel up either this weekend or next weekend all weather dependant of course !!

he agreed that was ok but asked for €30 deposit through his paypal account
    i dont have a credit card or have quick access to one, and if i bank transfer funds to paypal it will take a good few days.

Im considering just giving the seller a ring and saying look i honestly cant give you a deposit like that as its unsecured and i made you a genuine offer if you want to take it the same offer stands and i will get up to you as soon as i can weather dependant.

Am i mad driving cork to meath ? nearest prices i can see in irish shops are €1079 for same bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

personally i would tell him that you dont have a credit card or paypal and that your offer of 680 stands if he still wants it (also id be a bit more cautious after him asking for that if you know anyone who knows bikes etc. bring them with you to check the components etc. out)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭redzone

Ye can understand the sellers position. Look at it from his side.He dosn't want his time wasted (not that I'm implying you would) or a delay in selling the bike when he has potental buyers closer and can view earlier.

Ye have to weigh up the savings , your time in travel , fuel costs , possability of a wasted journey if it dosn't fit properly etc.

If you send deposit and then travel, what if bike dosn't suit you, would he refund deposit ,possably not if he has turned away other would be buyers.

Maybe you have sized the bike at another shop so you know its good for you. If your then happy to send deposit why not ring seller and offer deposit and sale aggred at 650e. He is still getting his asking price and a done deal and you are saving some diesel money.

Either way don't rush yourself , there will always be good deals around and cash is king so take your time and shop around.

Just to bump this , i ended up leaving it go , with no forseeable improvement in the weather i wasnt going to chance the trip to meath from cork, the seller rang me and i told him to sell it to someone who can make it to him as i couldnt guarentee i would get up any time soon .

Seller said was i sure as he had loads of others interested and i could forget about the paypal deposit idea he would hold it as long as necessary.
    I told him to sell it on as i didnt like the idea of someone holding something worth so much for a unknown period of time .

He said no problems was i sure , at this stage i was wondering was he being really nice and sound or was there something up as he said he had loads willing to buy it. I said i was sure and we left it at that now same bike here on sale in same area http://www.adverts.ie/345324/bikes/cube-ltd-pro-2010/ its good value if any of ye are near it and have the competence to check it out thoroughly !
    UPDATE
    he actually has 3 bikes for sale and had more for sale on donedeal , something odd here me thinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭mattock

Outkast,

i was enquiring about the Cube last sunday week just before you posted here , the bike was too big for me and could be bought for €580, the guy who is on here I presume buys and sells bikes.
    I spotted a 2nd hand bike today on Donedeal that may suit you and its in Cork, its an 18" Giant xtc €450 seems a good deal.

mattock wrote: »
    Outkast,

i was enquiring about the Cube last sunday week just before you posted here , the bike was too big for me and could be bought for €580, the guy who is on here I presume buys and sells bikes.
    I spotted a 2nd hand bike today on Donedeal that may suit you and its in Cork, its an 18" Giant xtc €450 seems a good deal.
    Ya he must be a bike buyer and seller or somethin , always seems to have good ones though was selling a brand new trek 6000 on donedeal last week.

im goin to get a brand new cube ltd comp , for €900 from a dealer here in cork, i think having the 5 year frame gurantee and two year on paint/coating and having someone to deal with locally who knows their stuff is worth it for someone begining like me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

i have the trek in bronze ...bloody lovely bike ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

im goin to get a brand new cube ltd comp , for €900 from a dealer here in cork, i think having the 5 year frame gurantee and two year on paint/coating and having someone to deal with locally who knows their stuff is worth it for someone begining like me

Good call, see if you can get them to throw in a few free services too:Devery little helps.

Advertisement