Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review : Psypher

• 29-11-2010 9:17pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Effect name : Psypher
    Price : €41+ P+P

Description : Steal thoughts and revolutionise book tests. GEt the spectator to write down a word , and put the piece of paper in his / her pocket. Your back is turned while the writing goes on. The spectator focuses on the word , spelling it in his / her mind. after some concentration and summoning of the force the magician reveals the thought of word.Simples.

Out of 10 : 9.5
    Difficulty : 1 (this is harder to get wrong than it is to get right)

This effect is crazy simple, you get a magic marker , dvd and the special thing that makes it work. There are millions of ways to dress this up : book test , stolen thought , card revelation the list goes on. This is going straight into the list of things always on me when I go out (invisible deck , TT, Coinvexed , BIP Book , 2 x Sponge balls , special wallet and coin unique make up the rest)

Basically if it can be written , it can be duplicated or discovered. Beautiful effect using a principal I was shown by Kev Sheldrake nearly a year ago (Harry and Mike , ye saw it too).Fantastic stuff all round.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

horgan_p wrote: »
    Effect name : Psypher
    Price : €41+ P+P

Description : Steal thoughts and revolutionise book tests. GEt the spectator to write down a word , and put the piece of paper in his / her pocket. Your back is turned while the writing goes on. The spectator focuses on the word , spelling it in his / her mind. after some concentration and summoning of the force the magician reveals the thought of word.Simples.

Out of 10 : 9.5
    Difficulty : 1 (this is harder to get wrong than it is to get right)

This effect is crazy simple, you get a magic marker , dvd and the special thing that makes it work. There are millions of ways to dress this up : book test , stolen thought , card revelation the list goes on. This is going straight into the list of things always on me when I go out (invisible deck , TT, Coinvexed , BIP Book , 2 x Sponge balls , special wallet and coin unique make up the rest)

Basically if it can be written , it can be duplicated or discovered. Beautiful effect using a principal I was shown by Kev Sheldrake nearly a year ago (Harry and Mike , ye saw it too).Fantastic stuff all round.

That sounds very very useful. It appears to be one of the basic building blocks of magic that actually goes into the pocket and gets used.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Its not so much an effect on its own as its an effect "strengthener" , you can use it to make what you do a lot more impossible and it certainly shuts a lot of smart arses up.Because the paper gets removed straight away it seems impossible for you to get a peek.

Even my poor girlfriend , who's well used to being a guinea pig for my magic was impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

The one Kev and Ant sells is the ParaPad. It's available from head hacking. It comes with sharpies and all I think.

Actually looking at it , kev and ant's version is a bit expensive @ £60 considering the psypher is only £40

Update , I've arranged to get a parapad in a couple of weeks time , so I can do a side by side comparison then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

look forward to it horganP. looking forward to a look at this.

OK well I've gone and put the 2 side by side.

Differences :

The parapad has an extra "do dah" than the psypher. As a result the parapad is a bit thicker than the psypher.

Other than that it really is more or less the same effect. I found the sensitivity of the psypher better , but the reset on the parapad is much stronger.

In short :

If you have some experience of watching what you are doing then the Psypher is the better effect. However for a beginner / if you arent as confident with managing spectators then get the parapad. Both are very strong effects however in fairness one is nearloy twice as expensive with Psypher being £34.99 STG and the parapad being £60 STG.
    For me I cant justify the extra cost and will be using the Psypher.

The Parapad is available from : www.headhacking.com
    The Psypher is available from : www.worldmagicshop.com

Advertisement