Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number...???

Options
  • 29-11-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone knows how to find the address attached to a business? I got a call earlier on from 01 - 863 9200... I've tried to call it back but it seems that no one is answering.

From what I can tell the number is from the centre of town and it is a business number. Any Ideas?

I have a feeling it is a reply of a CV and with jobs in a limited supply I really need to know who to reply to.

Thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What you're looking for is known as a reverse directory search i.e. number as input and name and address as output, the reverse of what is a normal directory search. I'm afraid there is no legal way for an ordinary joe to do this type of search.

If you scan through the business section of the white pages you'll probably be able to narrow it down to a particular area but that's as close as you'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Ok thanks man. It doesn't sound like such an illegal thing but then again in this world we live in I can see why... Thanks for your comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

863 seems to be in dublin 2

hope that narrows it down a bit

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Google the number, often works for businesses. Otherwise cant you go thru all the places that have your cv and check the number?
    Both suggestions are pretty obvious so maybe youve done these already.

Hahah that's exactly the thing I have been doing but unfortunatly I have had no luck. I am going to ring the number again tomorrow morning during business hours and hopefully someone answers then.

• Advertisement

Thank you man. That would mean that it would have to be O'connell street or Henry Street for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Could also have been a wrong number. My advice - forget it. If the person needs to contact they'll call you back. Just make sure you have an appropriate voicemail message setup to give potential employers the opportunity at least to leave a message.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Could also have been a wrong number. My advice - forget it. If the person needs to contact they'll call you back. Just make sure you have an appropriate voicemail message setup to give potential employers the opportunity at least to leave a message.

I'm going to try ring it back tomorrow but I'll leave it there if nothing comes about. Voicemail doesn't work on my phone atm but I will be getting a new phone for Christmas which will sort that problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Voicemail is not on your handsets but is set up on your mobile account. You can ring your mobile provider and ask them to activate it if it is deactivated. It is quite important when looking for a job.
    gavmcg92 wrote: »
    I'm going to try ring it back tomorrow but I'll leave it there if nothing comes about. Voicemail doesn't work on my phone atm but I will be getting a new phone for Christmas which will sort that problem.

Problem solved guys!
    It was Hodges and Figgotts ringing me to tell me that a book I ordered 7 weeks ago has come in :) Happy I have the book now but I am slightly disappointed that it wasn't a reply to a CV...
    I suppose I have learned a lesson in all this... I need to set up a voicemail on my phone asap!
    Thanks again for all your comments.
    Gav

• Advertisement
Advertisement