Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow?

Options
  • 29-11-2010 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

Is there more snow promised for Mayo tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

I don't think there is any heavy snow promised for Mayo. But it's going to be cold, cold, cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

mista_2k10 wrote: »
    Is there more snow promised for Mayo tonight?
    thursday and friday was what i heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭mista_2k10

any for tonight?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

According to meteireann.ie, no.

And it looks like the temp will increase on friday and we will have rain:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

would poor or nervous drivers in the morning please pull over and let proper drivers move through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

neiphin wrote: »
    would poor or nervous drivers in the morning please pull over and let proper drivers move through

Perhaps they will to drag you out of your overturned car in a field :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 stars in eyes

Slow and steady wins the race!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭cheesey1

neiphin wrote: »

Its not safe to pull into the hard shoulder and also illegal as far as i know.
    You do know that it is safer to drive slow in these conditions, everyone will get to their destination even if it takes a bit longer.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

cheesey1 wrote: »
    You do know that it is safer to drive slow in these conditions, everyone will get to their destination even if it takes a bit longer.
    Yeah, I'm sure that's what the gentleman in the car in front of me in Castlebar earlier was telling himself as he drove along the well-gritted road at 20km/h with an enormous tailback behind him.

• Advertisement

I heard theres some promised for north connaught tonight, is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i hope not the spent half an hour at work trying to get the handbrake cable to loosen up.

i hope its all pissed off by next wednesday as i have plans of that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Tonight... if the temp doesnt rise too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm sure that's what the gentleman in the car in front of me in Castlebar earlier was telling himself as he drove along the well-gritted road at 20km/h with an enormous tailback behind him.

I fully agree, just because one car decides they want to drive that slow due to nerves etc. doesnt mean they are entitled set the pace for everyone else.
    I was on the N5 on Tuesday morning in a massive tailback doing 15mph. We were meeting oncoming traffic who were doing 30-40mph which the road was well fit for. If the driver of the slow car in front had taken the initiative and pulled into a side road to let others proceed, the tailback would have dissipated within minutes. Instead, we were all subjected to follow at their ridiculously slow speed.
    If the driver in front either doesnt notice the tailback or refuses to make any attempt to let others past, they are driving without "due care and attention" which i believe is an offence.

It was trying to snow here where I am a few mins ago, hopefully there will come loads this evening and tonight :)

Where are you?

I'm just after discovering the water pipe's frozen, coming into the house - no tea or heating:mad:

Crossmolina Co. Mayo.
    We have frozen pipes too :mad:

Frozen here too. Heaven forbid a builder in this country would bother his hole burying a water pipe deeply enough to avoid it freezing. Bloody banana republic.

:mad:

The next door neighbours are fine though - there's another neighbour, across the street from us, with his pipes frozen as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭hsi

The next door neighbours are fine though - there's another neighbour, across the street from us, with his pipes frozen as well.

Where do you live?

• Advertisement

In Ballina town, not far from the Moy!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Mine was gone all day but is just after coming back on so a slight thaw must be about. I'm just up from the Moy too.

I'm just after checking it - no such luck yet:(

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Perhaps they will to drag you out of your overturned car in a field :D

Leave him in the field and let him walk home :D.A man overtook me just outside knock last night doing 80km/h at least,I wasn't doing much above 50km/h,the roads were like a bottle.Low and behold I round the bend below the airport on the N17 and I had a very pleasurable sight in front of me.Mr speedy gonzalez buried in on the left hand side of the road however he managed it and him out on the phone kicking the front tyre.Oh I'm still smiling thinking about it.:)

Well, hopefully you're never stuck in a ditch with someone driving past you smiling at your misfortune.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

they closed the west thread in th wether secton.are any of ye geting fog as it very bad here

Same in Ballina - it's just after getting very foggy, very quickly!

Clear in Westport, but getting overcast. And my pipes are still frozen, despite a couple of litres of hot water poured over the stopcock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

raining here now as well,well sleetey rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

Leave him in the field and let him walk home :D.A man overtook me just outside knock last night doing 80km/h at least,I wasn't doing much above 50km/h,the roads were like a bottle.Low and behold I round the bend below the airport on the N17 and I had a very pleasurable sight in front of me.Mr speedy gonzalez buried in on the left hand side of the road however he managed it and him out on the phone kicking the front tyre.Oh I'm still smiling thinking about it.:)

did you ever think he might be late because you had held him up ?

Advertisement