Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone know some info on this?

• 29-11-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

my father given me this watch like 10 years ago, I have no idea as to how old or what exact model this is, anyone can shine some lights on it? Thanks

all I know is what I see on it, An Omega De Ville

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The DeVille line in Omega were the classy elegant no complications line IIRC(Not an omega buff so..). If it's a mechanical it could be worth a few quid alright. They're usually quite a small watch in the vintage range. Yours appears quite small? Hard to tell.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along shortly :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

I'm afraid I can't be of assistance, as I'm pretty ignorant about such things.

But perhaps if you could post clearer pictures of the watch with a picture of the case-back, some WIS types might be able to give you some more info. Some dimensions might also help, or take a picture next to e.g. a euro coin for scale, or a 2 cent coin if you haven't got a euro coin left ;).

Just my 2c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭flutered

the movement no will tell you a lot also the serial no. google both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭flutered

the movement no will tell you a lot also the serial no. google both, the winding crown does not seem to be origional to the watch, i cannot make out the omega emblem on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

I don't think this is a mechanical watch, to me it looks like a quartz model and if so would be worth a lot less than a mechanical. Omega made a few quartz models but they are not as desirable. I agree with fluttered about the crown, does not look original, but not all quartz models had the logo on the crown.

• Advertisement
Advertisement