Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice IRL Week 11

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Deeco wrote: »
    he's the reason the country is in the state it's in now

He's not though, is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,908 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

What the...They're all losing it! :eek:

I'm sorry. But Barry's last bit was just terrible. The 'wiping away the non-existant tears' schtick always comes up. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

So glad he's fired. I've not liked him since the first task. "Lovable rogue" - me arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Deeco

Ian_K wrote: »
    He's not though, is he?

:D

nah just all the blaggers like em, "ah ya know youself bill"

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Seems like a top bloke, wouldn't want to work with him though....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

How can anyone look at that video of Barry's Best Bits and not say he was the most entertaining person there?

In fairness, all the other candidates are ****e bar Michelle and even then she was very poor in that episode.

I loved Anton's **** yeah slouch at the end :pac:

How can anyone look at that video of Barry's Best Bits and not say he was the most entertaining person there?

Agreed, he seems like a good entreprenuer. But it's his personality that makes the show, the rest are all bores.

Why do people think Wagner got so many votes in X factor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

donfers wrote: »
    feeling up?

He had his hands on their knees, this is typical of the cry wolf hysteria of certain groups

there was a case in the news the other day, a guy was on a business-trip and he walked into a woman colleague's hotel room naked, the lady said she was shocked/violated and the guy got the sack......it turned out he had a sleep-walking condition and he went to the court and won millions a few weeks ago. I was delighted about this as it'll teach the drama queens, attention-seekers and feminazis to think twice before coming out with hysterical allegations

Not to go off-topic but the whole PC thing in Business has gone crazy. If Michelle had pinched will or barry's ass, the females on boards would be vicariously applauding. But Barry uses a few dubious (and possibly ill-judged, PC-wise) comment and Bill basicly sacks him for it. That's mad. Shame on you Bill Culllen for pandering to your legal team.

He hamstrung himself but....Barry was put in a no win situation. He cries, Bill thinks he's unstable, she cries-Bill fears the ramifications of firing her.

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Jesus hard to know who'll win it now. Barry **** would have made the perfect second hand car salesman for Bill, not sure what the rest offer;

Panos - Too much of a bitch

Will - Hugely lacking in real world and business experience [It amazes me how high up he was in RBS [?]; I guess PwC aren't the only ones who value looks over talent]

Niamh - She's all a bit meh. Coasting.

Michelle - The most likely to win; solely because she's a sow for work and won't complain. She'll win and burn out after a year in a blaze of Diva tears I'm betting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Will is the weakest candidate of the whole lot but if Bill is just going to have his apprentice selling cars then he's definetely the man for the job

He has the trademark car sailsman characteristic ability to be able talk pure ****e for ages without giving you any of the information you were looking for

INHO Niamh has the lowest profile of any the candidates, why? Long Grass or talent?

DB10 wrote: »
    Agreed, he seems like a good entreprenuer. ??????
    :confused::confused:

did you read this article?
    http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/mail-on-sunday-london-england-the/mi_8003/is_2010_Oct_24/apprentice-entrepreneur-wife-plastic-surgery/ai_n55859276/?tag=rbxcra.2.a.11

the guy's a cowboy.... yeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ian_K wrote: »

He has the trademark car sailsman characteristic ability to be able talk pure ****e for ages without giving you any of the information you were looking for

:):):):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 D Boyo

Deeco wrote: »

Decco i don't think he is an angel but she did act and paint him very very badly. I think Cullen as usual let himself down and Brian is thinking with something else other than his brain.

D Boyo wrote: »
    Decco i don't think he is an angel but she did act and paint him very very badly. I think Cullen as usual let himself down and Brian is thinking with something else other than his brain.

Agree, we all love a great business dynamo, but more importantly what bloke doesn't love a damsell in distress? Michelle knew the card she was playing and she played it well, they're all savvy enough to know what'll maximize thier chances.

But i do think it's unfair that a more, apparently energateic and savvy person was fired at her expense. I agree Barry came across badly there but he has more drive than anyone else remaining IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Once again Irish Apprentice is a game of two halves.

Task was woeful like a lot of this years as because of sponsorship the contestants are asked to work with a completed product and are basically given a marketing/advertising task which has involved creating an ad/campaign and going out hunting tables and chairs for an event. Tasks are so much better on BBC show.

But once again, the boardroom was dynamite and was great telly, there definitely appeared to be real tension there.

Think Bill got it right. Barry is a total spoofer who thinks he's better than he really is, and that jacket he wore on "You're Fired" just summed him up. Grabs your attention but ultimately repulsive!

murpho999 wrote: »
    Once again Irish Apprentice is a game of two halves.

Task was woeful like a lot of this years as because of sponsorship the contestants are asked to work with a completed product and are basically given a marketing/advertising task which has involved creating an ad/campaign and going out hunting tables and chairs for an event. Tasks are so much better on BBC show.

But once again, the boardroom was dynamite and was great telly, there definitely appeared to be real tension there.

Think Bill got it right. Barry is a total spoofer who thinks he's better than he really is, and that jacket he wore on "You're Fired" just summed him up. Grabs your attention but ultimately repulsive!

You're judging the guy for wearing Leisure wear in a leisure wear sitiation. He's not obliged to dress business-like for the show, so for you to construe this as reflecting on his business acumen/ability is totally unwarranted.

• Advertisement

stevejr wrote: »
    You're judging the guy for wearing Leisure wear in a leisure wear sitiation. He's not obliged to dress business-like for the show, so for you to construe this as reflecting on his business acumen/ability is totally unwarranted.

Ehh......I never said he should wear business wear so I don't know where you're coming from.

What I am saying is that he was wearing clothing that in my opinion only rock stars or assholes would wear, now seeing as he's not a rock star I can only conclude that he is the latter.

Ehh......I never said he should wear business wear so I don't know where you're coming from.

What I am saying is that he was wearing clothing that in my opinion only rock stars or assholes would wear, now seeing as he's not a rock star I can only conclude that he is the latter.[/QUOTE

Sorry dude if I jumped you, I agree the clothing was a bit far fetched...but i've seen that outfit many a time over the last few months on a night out in Dublin. Don't like it, but don't think, it reflects in any way on his ability to be THE apprentice.

What I am saying is that he was wearing clothing that in my opinion only rock stars or assholes would wear, now seeing as he's not a rock star I can only conclude that he is the latter.

I'm not saying your wrong and i would not argue with your logic, but i don't feel people should be judged by what they wear. He probably is an arse saying all that.

D Boyo wrote: »
    I'm not saying your wrong and i would not argue with your logic, but i don't feel people should be judged by what they wear. He probably is an arse saying all that.

Well the truth is that your clothes can say a lot about you and your personality and I think people get judged on their clothing all the time.

Either way, his outfit tonight was awful and that jacket only belongs on the cover of 'Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band'

Well the truth is that your clothes can say a lot about you and your personality and I think people get judged on their clothing all the time.

Either way, his outfit tonight was awful and that jacket only belongs on the cover of 'Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band'

Oh i totally agree they can, people dress like their peers. But in my opinion a person's clothes can't tell you if a person is a total w**ker or not, which was the point the previous poster were arguing over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Maybe he was plugging Unique???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

He is on Ireland AM now - wearing the same jacket!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭sasser

Not to go off-topic but the whole PC thing in Business has gone crazy. If Michelle had pinched will or barry's ass, the females on boards would be vicariously applauding. But Barry uses a few dubious (and possibly ill-judged, PC-wise) comment and Bill basicly sacks him for it. That's mad. Shame on you Bill Culllen for pandering to your legal team.

He hamstrung himself but....Barry was put in a no win situation. He cries, Bill thinks he's unstable, she cries-Bill fears the ramifications of firing her.

Complete BS, I'm a woman in business, I wouldn't even dream of pinching anyone's ass, and if any of my staff did it, female or male, there would be very serious consequences. Completely unacceptable from either side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Glad Barry went last night. He turned into a right **** like Jamie.
    PANOS FTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Agree, we all love a great business dynamo, but more importantly what bloke doesn't love a damsell in distress? Michelle knew the card she was playing and she played it well, they're all savvy enough to know what'll maximize thier chances.

But i do think it's unfair that a more, apparently energateic and savvy person was fired at her expense. I agree Barry came across badly there but he has more drive than anyone else remaining IMO.

Drive but no focus. He's not able to express himself well on all occasions as proven by his chaotic presentations. He gets carried away with working on things and doesn't listen to others. I think it was unfair implying that he didn't get on with women or had a problem working for them - I don't think this was the case. Rather, his ego wouldn't allow him to rate anyone else as highly as he rated himself. His energy is undeniable but it was often untethered as well - look at how he reacted when his ideas weren't taken on board in the lucozade sport task. Also, I believe he is not meaning to be offensive or condescending to women but he wasn't calling his male friends buddy or pal or whatever so why was he calling the women babes and angelface its very glib. Even when he borrowed the euro from the old lady in the supermarket he was calling her an angel etc. but it comes across as insincere somehow. It was telling that time that the production crew didn't trust Barry to return the euro and gave the woman the euro.
    He dives headlong into things without listening to others or thinking through the consequences. So in as much as he might have a likeability factor he could just as easily get on people's nerves

At his core I would say he's decent enough and even questioned Dave Cashman on Michelle's behalf over the baloon money. he didn't employ any dirty tricks to sabotage other contenders but his approach was never going to work either i.e. do everything
    I don't think the guy can work well with others on the same level - he's fine working on his own or instructing people but not good at collaboration.

Advertisement