Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help out the old/infirm during bad weather spell

• 29-11-2010 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭

There are a lot of elderly and infirm people living on their own who are struggling to get basic supplies without risking falling on the icy footpaths.

I would encourage able-bodied folk to offer their help with picking up groceries etc. when they are walking to the shops or whatever.

I am living in the Priests Rd. area of Tramore, if anyone has any relatives out here that might need such help, send me a PM and I will help if I can. Looks like I am not working for the rest of the week, and I won't be driving either as a front-wheel drive Ford Transit with a long wheelbase isn't built to cope with these conditions. I am walking to the supermarket every day, and if there are people nearby who are stuck for food, fuel or medical supplies I would be happy to pick them up for them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

totally agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I genuinely wish there was a way we could find out which elderly people were living on their own with little or no family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Moonmad

St. Brigid's Family & Resource Centre
    Address: 37 Lower Yellow Rd, Waterford.
    Tel: 051 375261

As far as I know, they work with many older people in Waterford city. They started a project where they need people to keep older people company. They might know of some of them that need a hand in this weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

I am in the city centre if anyone needs help.

I will contact the centre tomorrow myself to see if they need any help with people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

think this is a great Idea.... Only for family id be rightly **cked broke my leg 2 weeks ago... there coming up to the house every day to help with the lad

hope loads get help

• Advertisement
Advertisement