Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin memorial service for Pike River miners

Options
  • 29-11-2010 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭

Technically this is outside the forum charter, but I know there are a few non-paddy ex-pats who hang out here, so hope it's ok:

This came thru my email today:
    A Memorial Service for the 29 miners who died in the Pike River Mine in New Zealand will take place on Sunday 5th December at 3.30pm in Christchurch Cathedral, Dublin 8. Members of the public are most cordially invited to join members of the New Zealand community in Ireland in this expression of solidarity and support for the families of the bereaved. The service will take the form of Choral Evensong with a sermon preached by Fr Brian O’Connell S.M., a priest from the South Island of New Zealand. A book of condolence is available for signing in the Cathedral from Saturday 27th November.

I've nothing to do with the organising: it may be something to do with http://newzealand.ie/ (their mailing list sent it to me).

And I think they're a little bit confused about the address ... Dublin 8, it ain't. 'Tis the building in Christchurch Place in this map

Advertisement