Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cycle tourers in drogheda /or wherever

Options
  • 29-11-2010 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭

ok i know it's not great cycling weather:D
    but if there's any cycle tourers in drogheda or wherever, we do some winter day rides out of the bike shop on the quay.(either sat or sunday)
    last month we did the newry canal to portadown 40 miles average speed 12mph,our next tour is around meath taking in tara newgrange .
    we carry panniers with enough gear to do us for a day ride as in, wet gear tools just in case you breakdown god forbid:D/flask with whatever you fancy in it oh yeah mudguards very important;)
    anyway this is a touring group not a racing group we stop along the way take in the scenery try and have some craic ,so if anyone is interested i think theres a poster in the quay cycles shop giving details of out next tour ,weather permitting ,ask for tommy he can fill you in i'm sure .
    he can give you our contact numbers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

ok not much response there ,but when the new year comes in, and hopefully lots of great weather we will be heading off for longish day rides so if anyone interested let Tommy in the bike shop know tell him Anto sent you.
    as i said we are a touring group panniers the lot ,we intend (at least i do) to do a bit of touring around ireland and maybe wales/england camping all the way;).
    be safe and have a great Christmas.;)

just to remind you cyclists out there a group is leaving the bike shop on the quay (drogheda) at 10.15 every sunday morning, so if your interested pop down .
    last spin was around the coast 35 miles home by dunleer average speed 14.5mph .
    if you think this group would suit you your more than welcome to come along ,
    most of the lads are experience cyclists .;)

a nice group of 10 turned up for a great 38 miles got fast for the last 5 miles which i wasn't expecting :mad: but dug in an enjoyed the day,
    more punishment next sunday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Pm me

macadam wrote: »
    Pm me

pm sent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement