Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trition t90si

• 30-11-2010 12:01am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

i am having a problem with my shower

there is noise the motor is running but there is no water
    any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Could it be that the feed to your shower is frozen? Are the other cold taps in the bathroom working?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Prenderb wrote: »
    Could it be that the feed to your shower is frozen? Are the other cold taps in the bathroom working?

thanks but the pipes arent frozen, all taps working and checked the attic, i am hoping it is a blockage somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

They dont suddenly stop because of the pump. It happens slowly. So if it were a sudden stop i would imagine its a blockage.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kajo

prob a bit late on this but just for ref I would think this was an air lock and the fix hold the pipe down low and give a good old suck and bobs ur uncle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I had the same problem & fixed it fairly handy. Once there's a water suplly to it, it should be easy enough.

Have a look at the manual here...

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Triton/T90Si.pdf

First, turn off the power & water supply to it. Then remove the filter (15) & clean it if necessary.

Unscrew the bleed screw (4).

Turn the water back on but not the power. With your finger, press the valve where the filter should be. Water should gush out. You'll also feel air coming out in bursts.

When water starts to come out the bleed screw, take your ginger out, put the screw & filter caps back on, close up the unit, turn it to cold, turn back on the power & let it run for a bit before turning it to hot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

starbelgrade is right. Our plumber showed us how to do it. One thing though, I'm not sure you should turn off the water supply (we never do), but don't rely on my advice. Definitely turn off the power though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Gae wrote: »
    starbelgrade is right. Our plumber showed us how to do it. One thing though, I'm not sure you should turn off the water supply (we never do), but don't rely on my advice. Definitely turn off the power though!

There's no need to turn off the water supply.

Once you know where the valve on the pipe that supplies the shower is (usually in the attic), you should be fine if you need to turn of it's supply in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭imasmeasmecanbe

I think there must be a dozen or so other threads about the exact same shower on here... If your waters been off recently you just have an airlock, if you turn off the power and take off the plastic covering there should be a little thub screw beside the pump (big black box thing) if you open this with your thumb you can bleed it just like a radiator. I had the same problem last time we had the bad weather and that sorted it out fairly handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I think there must be a dozen or so other threads about the exact same shower on here... If your waters been off recently you just have an airlock, if you turn off the power and take off the plastic covering there should be a little thub screw beside the pump (big black box thing) if you open this with your thumb you can bleed it just like a radiator. I had the same problem last time we had the bad weather and that sorted it out fairly handy

There is multiple threads on here about tritons and tbh I cannot ever see a dedicated thread as its advertising in effect. I think better to just ask the questions as they apear rather that refere them to endless nights of reading..

Sometimes running a shower cold can also sort the airlock as the pump drags the water through.

Advertisement