Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox dead??

• 30-11-2010 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Lightning just hit the house (I think). there was definitely a power surge of some sort. The TV seems ok apart from the fact that we'v lost the cable signal. The Xbox that was plugged in but powered off at the time now seems dead? i.e. it wont power on. any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

bubbleking wrote: »
    Lightning just hit the house (I think). there was definitely a power surge of some sort. The TV seems ok apart from the fact that we'v lost the cable signal. The Xbox that was plugged in but powered off at the time now seems dead? i.e. it wont power on. any suggestions?
    Is it a 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Same thing happened me last night.

Check the power block on the ac adapter, there is no light coming on on mine, so I'm hoping its just that that's gone not the 360 itself, hopefully it'll be no owrse than that for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Faker74 wrote: »
    Same thing happened me last night.

Check the power block on the ac adapter, there is no light coming on on mine, so I'm hoping its just that that's gone not the 360 itself, hopefully it'll be no owrse than that for you.

Might just be the fuse, if your ethernet port was plugged in at the time that could be borked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Check with other PSU.what color of light is showing up when you connect psu to console?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

no light is coming on at all. just got off the phone to MS. they are sending out a replacement PSU but its going to take 2 weeks :(

why so long :(

• Advertisement

also a game is still in the console. any way of getting it out?

Is it one of the new 360's or one of the older ones?

its a new 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Are you getting it replaced for free ? if so thats pretty good on MS behalf.

• Advertisement

yeah its pretty new so still under warranty

also thanks for the help re the disk getting stuck put I dont think I can get it out with no power

yeah you can, follow the instructions for with power, its a manual button, kinda like a lever release

Advertisement