Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break in's, and bad policing

Options
  • 30-11-2010 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

OK, SO last Thursday night I was in my sitting room at about 2.30am when I heard a noise out my back yard. I went to check it out and saw a fella coming in my back door, (which was open for my dog to go for a pee). I grabbed a knife and let a roar at him and he legged it. I called the Gards and they were here in mins as they had already been called an hour before by someone near me and were looking for him already. After a search of the back garden and all, he was chased along the island road and that was the last I heard of it.

Any how, I called the station today to see if he had been caught, gave my details and all. And was told there is no record of it at all. they know of no attempted break in's in my area lately at all. It's no bloody wonder they can't catch anyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

Was your door opened or unlocked? (Clever dog if he can open it!) Silly to be leaving doors open/unlocked at any hour nowadays, but particularly in the middle of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

I had the door open for the dog to go out. I was in the sitting room at the time. WOuld never leave it open if I was going to bed or out.

Advertisement