Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What breed do you think my dog is?

• 30-11-2010 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

I got Toby from a rescue centre at the end of June. He is about 8 months old.

I thought he was going to be a smaller dog but he has dwarfed our other terrier and is not quite as big as our sheepdog. He has amazing strength and a really strong grip.

He is completely unaffected by noise, you could let a bomb off beside him and he would still look at you with his "where's my ball? look. And no he's not deaf, the slightest rustle of a food wrapper and he's over looking for some.

He is an adorable, playful rogue.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Not sure exactly but I'm seeing Jack russell and maybe beagle or foxhound in him. Lovely little fella, good on ya for rescuing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

I googled foxhound and the face is similar alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Lovely alert fella,very like a brilliant hunter/watchdog I had for 17years.Told he was a Lab.cross but also had a beagle/foxhound appearance as mentioned by Shanao and Mayo Miss.You've got a great companion there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Shanao wrote: »
    Not sure exactly but I'm seeing Jack russell and maybe beagle or foxhound in him. Lovely little fella, good on ya for rescuing him.

That's what it looks like to me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Shanao wrote: »

Yeah, that's exactly what I was going to say! We've a foxhound cross and my parents have a JRT. Those ears are defo 'houndy' and the body shape is JRT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep, sized and shaped like a JRT, but the tail is a bit too fluffy.

Advertisement