Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

copper saucepans

Options
  • 30-11-2010 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Anybody know where i can get these in Dublin, or online?

Pricey buggers aint they:eek:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Anybody know where i can get these in Dublin, or online?

Pricey buggers aint they:eek:

Very pricey. Catering suppliers would be the cheapest option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭johnnycee66

Mauviel is a good make, but very pricy. Kitchen Complements in Dublin used to stock them, but I could get 4 in France for the price of a sauteuse here. Be careful of the weight, I have a few, but the saucepans dont get used much because you need wrists of steel to lift them! The sauteuse, chafing dishes and other styles are far more useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭johnnycee66

in my experience, they transmit and retain heat better. The ones I have are mostly Mauviel, all clad copper with a stainless steel interior, but a lot of modern pans have copper encapsulated in a thick base which does the same job (somebody with science/engineering knowhow might be able to say more). I use them a lot, but also some other good makes like the Le Creuset stainless steel range. I think you get what you pay for with good cookware. My copper cookware tends to be dull mind, none of that nice shine, because a lot of the time, I couldn't be arsed to polish them r anything!!!

Advertisement