Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorey/Arklow Bypasses "treated" but icy?

Options
  • 30-11-2010 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

I'm south of Gorey. We have a difference of opinion regarding whose information to take as "gospel." Perhaps people who used the Gorey Bypass yesterday (Mon) could help.

Yesterday afternoon (Mon)AA Roadwatch reported : "Gardai are advising motorists not to travel unless it's absolutely necessary. Extremely icy in Gorey and on Main St as well as the N11 Gorey bypass."

I'm sure the Gorey Bypass was treated, yes??
    How was it in actuality for travel between 6am and noon?
    Everyone driving slowly and no sliding around?

Did anyone also have the pleasure of using the Arklow bypass yesterday as well? How was it?

Right now NRA reports the surface as "Snow" yet after dinner today, AA reported that the Arklow bypass would be gritted throughout the night.

Any reports? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I haven't drove in it myself as i'm snowed in where i'm living (outside gorey) My brother has drove on it. He said there is only one lane open but that its driveable with extreme caution. I still wouldnt drive on it unless it was necessary.

Hes driving on it again tomorrow to get to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

Thanks very much for that information. It is exactly what I needed to know and it also is as I thought. After tonight, if temps go as low as they predict, I'd imagine the bypass will be even worse, gritting notwithstanding! I'm not willing to risk driving from down here (also south of Gorey) to Dublin until this mess is over (but I do loooove the snow!)

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

Thanks very much for that information. It is exactly what I needed to know and it also is as I thought. After tonight, if temps go as low as they predict, I'd imagine the bypass will be even worse, gritting notwithstanding! I'm not willing to risk driving from down here (also south of Gorey) to Dublin until this mess is over (but I do loooove the snow!)

Thanks again.
    Was on the by pass yesterday after noon and it was passible but go slow/ single lane.
    Once you got above say jack whites there it cleared fairly well, though with last night/ tonights snow.....
    Alot of roads in around dublin are gritted (well as far as in around ucd atleast)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

i drove down it this morning, southbound, was fine until i passed the arklow turnoff, ie went over the county border, wx county council have obviusly done nothing while their Wicklow counterparts are showing what can be done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Wicklow County Council are out with the snow plow and all. I live in Wexford but near the Wicklow Border. Once you hit wexford roads its completely different!

Its snowing like crazy here now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement