Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Third Secret of Fatima.

• 30-11-2010 8:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

On page 221 of Pope John Paul II's book 'Crossing the Threshold of Hope' the Pope reveals that the Third Secret consists of "words" "spoken" by Mary. Yet shockingly the contents released as the Third Secret in June 2000 by the Vatican did not have one single word spoken by Mary.

It's obvious to me, based on the evidence, that the Third Secret prophesied something close to "a very 'great war' that will bring devastation to all mankind will commence/break-out at the end of the 20th century."

The evidence will be posted in a moment.

The accurate fulfillment of such a prophecy would require the nearly three month war in 1999 involving Serbia/Kosovo/NATO to reignite with Russia sending it's warplanes to destroy Kosovo's recent claims to independence. Kosovo is currently without a parliament and without a real president due to recent events, thus politically there is some potential for the Russian attack to occur and shock all of Europe in the second week of December before Kosovo elects a new parliament/president. But by far the most likely moment for such military actions to take place would be several months before the March 2012 Russian elections with Medvedev being forced into an election battle with Putin that requires he enter the Serbia-Kosovo conflict to become popular enough to defeat Putin, which would also be timed after the Kosovo independence talks scheduled for 2011.

The evidence:

1) Pope John Paul II basically admitted to expecting something major to occur near the end of the 20th century in regards to the Third Secret of Fatima when he wrote in his own book "Crossing the Threshold of Hope" the following (page 221):
    "And thus we come to May 13, 1981, when I was wounded by gunshots fired in St. Peter's Square. At first I did not pay attention to the fact that the assassination attempt had occurred on the exact anniversary of the day Mary appeared to the three children at Fatima in Portugal and SPOKE to them the WORDS that now, at the END OF THIS CENTURY, SEEM TO BE CLOSE TO THEIR FULFILLMENT"

2) A 1963 Neues Europa article contained what appears to be a partially accurate and partially Inaccurate form of the Third Secret. Pope JPII's comments on page 221 of CTTHOH and other comments made by the Pope in Fulda Germany affirm that this 1963 version of the Secret is indeed partially accurate. Other evidence PROVES that the 1963 version is partially inaccurate...For instance Mary did not give the Third Secret "after the Miracle of the Sun" as the 1963 version has Mary state. This corrupted but partially accurate 1963 version of the Secret contains the following words:
    "The greatest World War will happen(BREAK-OUT/BEGIN) in the second half of the 20th Century. Then fire and smoke will fall from the sky, and the waters of the oceans will be turned to steam, hurling their foam towards the sky; and all that is standing will be cast down. Millions and millions of men will lose their lives from one hour to the next"

3) Pope John XXIII of 1960 revealed that the secret did not pertain to the reign of his pontificate of the 1960's. Thus indicating evidence the third Secret contained a date in the distant future...that the prophecy points to the "end of the 20th century" rather then pointing to the the second half of the 20th century.

4) behavior of the Vatican in 2000: The fact that the Vatican attempted to remove the words of the Secret from public awareness by releasing a vision and claiming it was the 3rd Secret "in it's entirety" in mid 2000, further demonstrates that the Vatican waited to see if the "end of the century WAR" would break out before taking the route of hiding that fact and closing the Fatima chapter for the new century with claims that the prophecy was fulfilled in 1981 and was designated for the "20th century." After nearly three months of war, peace returned to Kosovo/Serbia so that by the end of 1999 it could be that the Vatican completely failed to recognize that the great war that would eventually set the world on fire could have actually "broken-out/commenced" in 1999 with it's continuation occurring a decade or so latter with a vengeance, by means of Russian warplanes being sent to crush Europe's pet project of Kosovo on behalf of Serbia's territorial integrity.

The Key:
    A Key is revealed in the Second Secret. Even though the Prophecy was revealed in 1941 after-the-fact, Lucia(seer) did not fashion the secret to match human understanding. Since it was after the fact Lucia could have made the secret to predict world war II to begin with the September 1939 German invasion of Poland as officially recognized by the world for WWII's start date. Instead the Prophecy match's the beginning of world war II to an earlier deadline that occurred Feb 10/1939(the end of Pope Pius XI's reign) with the idea here that God's discernment of the beginning of WWII is different than the moment mankind has designated for the beginning of the war. In this case it could be said that Heaven considered the start of WWII to have occurred when Hitler sent his troops WITHOUT ANY FIGHTING INVOLVED to annex or occupy Rhineland(1936)/Austria(1938)/and Sudentenland(1938).

The Prophecy states:"The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will commence during the Pontificate of Pius XI."
    (in Portuguese the word used is "comecar"(commence))

The same formula would apply to the great war that commences/breaks-out by the end of the 20th century. But instead of the deadline for the commencement attached to the end of the reign of a Pope, the WWIII's commencement deadline is matched to the end of the 20th century. And with both cases the deadline applies to God's understanding of when the war begins. While in both cases it would be that only AFTER the deadline does mankind recognize the war's official beginning.

the reason God would allow such to happen:

1)It would be a test of faith imposed upon the Vatican that exposes it's failure and lack of faith.

2) The Vatican's suppression and violation of God's message(Third Secret) would exhibit to the world the heavy cost of such action when the moment arrives for the Pope to be forced to repent and reveal the secret. The Vatican would be forced to self-destruct in order to obey God in the end with it's releasing the Third Secret. The outcome would have been much less severe if they simply obeyed the instructions. The Admission that it lied in the year 2000 and deceived the world over the Third Secret of Fatima would be used against the Vatican when the simultaneous future sex scandal arrives that would be universally shocking. Conceivably, to admit they were liars with Fatima would be for the Pope to open a floodgate of litigation that could empty the Church coffers, that could lead to the imprisonment of a friend and high ranking Cardinal of the Pope involved in the scandal, could risk the Pope being roundly accused of fabricating an extremely disturbing Fatima Secret for the sake of diverting attention away from the scandal or to scare Catholics back to his support. The evidence shows that the real Third Secret contains words that would infuriate Russia and likely result in military retaliation against the Vatican which the Pope would be blamed for as well. The Prophecies insist that the Pope of the secret will have much to suffer and that one of the punishments sent by God actually involve the "persecution of the Pope" that would be caused by all this and more.

One last thing: the Kosovo-Serbia war would lead to the rise of someone like Vladimir Zhirinovsky that would plunge the world into an era of wars and persecutions against the Church.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

The late father Malachi Martin said he saw the third secret and it would be fulfilled in the early part of the 21st century

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Interesting , but if mary told of a war then it may of already happen / been averted, it is the 21st century.

think of it this way, say the cold war was the war she spoke of any part of the Fatima secrets are true, then human free will prevented it.

I go with the simple logic, if god is real he know nutting but what has happened and what may happen, he can never know what "Will" happen.

That why I think its a loada bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Flaregon wrote: »
    I go with the simple logic, if god is real he know nutting but what has happened and what may happen, he can never know what "Will" happen.

That why I think its a loada bull.

:confused:Where do you get that "logic" from?? surely the GOD almighty ,creator of everything knows everything ,including what is going to happen:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

:confused:Where do you get that "logic" from?? surely the GOD almighty ,creator of everything knows everything ,including what is going to happen:rolleyes:

And with that logic, why dont we have the actual day and time when this is going to happen?

All we got is more goal post moving.

little thing called free will, its the one thing he can't interfere with.
    so he cant know what will happen because we don't know what we will do at any give momment.So all God can do is make a very well educated guess, what we may do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Phantomfire707

Kosovo elections are on December 12th.

On November 12th, exactly one month to the day before the elections and about 100 minutes before the United Nations had a meeting regarding the topic of Kosovo, a meteorite(bright ball of fire) or perhaps a Russian missile flew over much of Serbia.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=meteroite+serbia&aq=f

If it was the Russians it could be an obscure warning that they plan to send their warplanes to destroy Kosovo's Independence before the Kosovar's get a chance to elect a parliament and president. If it wasn't the Russian's it's either a coincidence or a bad omen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

The Catholic Church teaches that humans have free will. I think, but am not certain, that thus God does not know the future.

Undergod wrote: »
    The Catholic Church teaches that humans have free will. I think, but am not certain, that thus God does not know the future.

Perfectly explained

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Does anyone else find it funny that 'the secrets of fatima' are being discussed as a 'truth' in the conspiracy forum ?

Organised Religion is the greatest conspiracy ever put for on this planet.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Does anyone else find it funny that 'the secrets of fatima' are being discussed as a 'truth' in the conspiracy forum ?

Organised Religion is the greatest conspiracy ever put for on this planet.

Maybe but he is speculating that the church is keeping the secret.

• Advertisement

Very interesting thread.

I don't know if this fits in with your idea or timing but Bin Laden was in Kosovo in 2000 supporting the terrorist group KLA. Who just happened to be trained and armed by the US/NATO.

1093523483_6bboylebiav_agreement.jpg
    NATO Commander-in-chief gen. Wesley Clark, Gen. Jackson (UK), Bernard Kouchner of UNMIK with Agim Ceku and Hashim Taci, the leaders of the KLA.

Here is KLA war criminal Ceku (again) as a guest of the White House.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWyuif1rkKdUUIHEBYf03mgsp4lEw-DxAcfdImT9wPQS4YxIucWQ

I don't know about the hidden secret of Fatima but I do know that Soros and Nat Rothschild are all over the Balkans and further in the region and Soros especially seems to be anti-Russian (Orange Revolution for example). That is prospect enough itself for future wars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

In all of this, one is assumed to believe the church are not telling a lie in regards anything purported to have come from the virgin Mary or indeed that the events (visions and prophecies et all) ever happened at all.
    Given the past lies and cover ups by the Catholic church, especially in regards child abuse, I am loath to even give any more time to anything they ever say other than having to read this thread and reply to it.

Catholics are not obliged to believe Fatima. And believers can't even agree whether the fulfillment of the Third Secret pertains to the future or past.

The Fatima message makes room for the free will of the Church officials at the Vatican:
    if the Pope obeys the requests of Mary, Russia is converted and God gives peace to the world.
    If the Pope refuses for political reasons or any other reason, Russia brings war to mankind.

Lucia in her memoirs then goes on to state that Mary told her that the Church will choose the path of disobedience to her message thus "Russia will have already spread it's errors throughout the world, provoking wars, and persecutions of the Church" before they repent.

So Fatima predicts both happens: First the Russia chastisement, then after that the period of peace granted directly by God. So that "In the end...(with the) triumph....she(Russia) shall be converted, and a period of peace will be granted to the world."

Nehaxak wrote: »
    In all of this, one is assumed to believe the church are not telling a lie in regards anything purported to have come from the virgin Mary or indeed that the events (visions and prophecies et all) ever happened at all.
    Given the past lies and cover ups by the Catholic church, especially in regards child abuse, I am loath to even give any more time to anything they ever say other than having to read this thread and reply to it.

The Third Secret probably contains condemnation of the behavior of the Church officials in the same way that the La Salette Secret did. From the start of Melanie's La Salette Secret: "the priests, by their bad life, by their irreverences and their impiety...have become cesspools of impurity. Yes, the priests are asking for vengeance, and vengeance is suspended over their heads...The sins of persons consecrated to God cry out towards Heaven and call for vengeance, and see how vengeance is at their doors"

Very interesting thread.

I don't know if this fits in with your idea or timing but Bin Laden was in Kosovo in 2000 supporting the terrorist group KLA. Who just happened to be trained and armed by the US/NATO.

Not really. But if Russia instigates the Kosovo war, I would have my eye on Wesley Clark in the next U.S. elections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭spannerotoole

Because god can do anything, God can choose not to foresee the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Because god can do anything, God can choose not to foresee the future.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭namelessguy

Wouldn't that negate free will then? Which I'm led to believe is God's gift to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Very interesting thread.

1093523483_6bboylebiav_agreement.jpg
    NATO Commander-in-chief gen. Wesley Clark, Gen. Jackson (UK), Bernard Kouchner of UNMIK with Agim Ceku and Hashim Taci, the leaders of the KLA.

Here is KLA war criminal Ceku (again) as a guest of the White House.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWyuif1rkKdUUIHEBYf03mgsp4lEw-DxAcfdImT9wPQS4YxIucWQ

I don't know about the hidden secret of Fatima but I do know that Soros and Nat Rothschild are all over the Balkans and further in the region and Soros especially seems to be anti-Russian (Orange Revolution for example). That is prospect enough itself for future wars.

Proof :confused: My brother in law was in KLA and they have no connection to Islamic terrorist groups.So bring the proof?????
    Slanderous Albanian hate propaganda.

On topic i read that before,it is very interesting and a bit scary how these things could be predicted.

caseyann wrote: »
    Proof :confused: My brother in law was in KLA and they have no connection to Islamic terrorist groups.So bring the proof?????
    Slanderous Albanian hate propaganda. .

I know nothing about your brother-in-law but I can tell you for certain that the KLA are terrorists that at least were in bed with bin Laden and co. and NATO/The CIA. Bin Laden wanted to use Kosovo as a base. It's a good example of how bin Laden IS CIA. Iran were heavily involved in the region in the 90's as well.

Not only are they terrorists they are organised criminals of the worst kind - human trafficking, organ smuggling etc.

Google "Council of Europe" "KLA".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

I know nothing about your brother-in-law but I can tell you for certain that the KLA are terrorists that at least were in bed with bin Laden and co. and NATO/The CIA. Bin Laden wanted to use Kosovo as a base. It's a good example of how bin Laden IS CIA. Iran were heavily involved in the region in the 90's as well.

Not only are they terrorists they are organised criminals of the worst kind - human trafficking, organ smuggling etc.

No it's not. It's not even any example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

How can you tell me? How do you know who are you?
    They are organised criminals of the worst kind? So explain to me how most of them so called criminals of worst kind are poor?
    LMAO Serbians dont do nothing wrong and Albanians are worst in world haha you really are buying into the Serbian lies.Luckily not all are and can see right through them.
    Bin Laden haha and KLA lmao they said the same thing about Bosnians after they murdered them aswell lmao.
    Very quick to forget how many people were murdered by Serbians isnt it brown bomber? Twenty-three adult males of various ages. Many shot at extremely close range, most shot in the front, back and top of the head. Villagers reported that these victims were last seen alive when the police were arresting them. ... Three adults [sic] males shot in various parts of their body, including their backs. They appeared to have been shot when running away. ... One adult male shot outside his house with his head missing. ... One adult male shot in head and decapitated. All the flesh was missing from the skull. One adult female shot in the back. ... One boy (12 years old) shot in the neck. One male, late teens (shot in abdomen). (Excerpts in The New York Times, January 22 1999.)
    http://www.gendercide.org/case_kosovo.html

So far, EU investigators looking into claims that organ harvesting took place in northern Albania have said they found no proof of the allegations.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110128/ap_on_re_eu/eu_kosovo_organ_trafficking

You are just spewing propaganda that has no proof and Serbs already arrested for being paid to lie about their so called organs been stolen.

caseyann wrote: »
    How can you tell me? How do you know who are you?
    They are organised criminals of the worst kind? So explain to me how most of them so called criminals of worst kind are poor?
    LMAO Serbians dont do nothing wrong and Albanians are worst in world haha you really are buying into the Serbian lies.Luckily not all are and can see right through them.
    Bin Laden haha and KLA lmao they said the same thing about Bosnians after they murdered them aswell lmao.
    Very quick to forget how many people were murdered by Serbians isnt it brown bomber? Twenty-three adult males of various ages. Many shot at extremely close range, most shot in the front, back and top of the head. Villagers reported that these victims were last seen alive when the police were arresting them. ... Three adults [sic] males shot in various parts of their body, including their backs. They appeared to have been shot when running away. ... One adult male shot outside his house with his head missing. ... One adult male shot in head and decapitated. All the flesh was missing from the skull. One adult female shot in the back. ... One boy (12 years old) shot in the neck. One male, late teens (shot in abdomen). (Excerpts in The New York Times, January 22 1999.)
    http://www.gendercide.org/case_kosovo.html

So far, EU investigators looking into claims that organ harvesting took place in northern Albania have said they found no proof of the allegations.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110128/ap_on_re_eu/eu_kosovo_organ_trafficking

You are just spewing propaganda that has no proof and Serbs already arrested for being paid to lie about their so called organs been stolen.

Alright Caseyann I can see this is an emotional subject which if fair enough as you have an personal connection to it. I don't want to upset you so I'll leave it at that.

fontanalis wrote: »
    No it's not. It's not even any example.

Bin Laden and other Arabs were training arming and funding the KLA. The US and NATO were funding, arming and training the KLA at the very same time

Coincidence huh? Maybe you could enlighten me?

And remember, this is after the USS Cole bombing and other Al Qaeda attacks against US interests.

It'll be interesting to see what will happen with the Kosovo election process and the disturbing "organ harvesting" investigation that appears will be launched soon.

Since the organ harvesting accusations(two days after the Kosovo elections) which has saturated the Serbian news for the last 45 days, it appears that Thaci (winner of the elections) will have to offer an arm, a leg, and a kidney to get the other political parties to form a coalition with him. Based on what I've read in the news I think his European partners have put pressure on all the other major Kosovo parties to prevent them from making a deal with Thaci. Europe doesn't want to deal with President/PM Thaci in the future if the investigation uncovers that Thaci is indeed guilty. Best way for Europe to avoid such a risk in the future is to dump Thaci now if they can. The ball is in Thaci's court. I'm interested to see if he can pull off the victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

the reason God would allow such to happen:

1)It would be a test of faith imposed upon the Vatican that exposes it's failure and lack of faith.

2) The Vatican's suppression and violation of God's message(Third Secret) would exhibit to the world the heavy cost of such action when the moment arrives for the Pope to be forced to repent and reveal the secret. The Vatican would be forced to self-destruct in order to obey God in the end with it's releasing the Third Secret. The outcome would have been much less severe if they simply obeyed the instructions. The Admission that it lied in the year 2000 and deceived the world over the Third Secret of Fatima would be used against the Vatican when the simultaneous future sex scandal arrives that would be universally shocking. Conceivably, to admit they were liars with Fatima would be for the Pope to open a floodgate of litigation that could empty the Church coffers, that could lead to the imprisonment of a friend and high ranking Cardinal of the Pope involved in the scandal, could risk the Pope being roundly accused of fabricating an extremely disturbing Fatima Secret for the sake of diverting attention away from the scandal or to scare Catholics back to his support. The evidence shows that the real Third Secret contains words that would infuriate Russia and likely result in military retaliation against the Vatican which the Pope would be blamed for as well. The Prophecies insist that the Pope of the secret will have much to suffer and that one of the punishments sent by God actually involve the "persecution of the Pope" that would be caused by all this and more.

One last thing: the Kosovo-Serbia war would lead to the rise of someone like Vladimir Zhirinovsky that would plunge the world into an era of wars and persecutions against the Church.

This, for me, is the major flaw in marys thinking. Millions have to die every hour because the church are keeping a secret??? WTF
    Couldn't she just tell someone else? Here's an idea. Spare all these poor unfortunates. Tell me, i'll post it right here. Problem solved. World war 3 averted.
    This rubbish is even less believable than the giant lizard crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

I grew up accepting (and being scared sh*tless) that the Secrets of Fatima were genuine.

I find the idea ridiculous now, but still wonder where it came from and how it grew such legs? Was it a publicity stunt by the Vatican, create a myth to scare the faithful into obedience, stoke anti-communism, maintain a mystique and aura of power about the Vatican. I also wonder if at some stage the story had to be played along and slowly shoved aside by successive generations to prevent the embarrassment of the Church.

This, for me, is the major flaw in marys thinking. Millions have to die every hour because the church are keeping a secret??? WTF
    Couldn't she just tell someone else? Here's an idea. Spare all these poor unfortunates. Tell me, i'll post it right here. Problem solved. World war 3 averted.
    This rubbish is even less believable than the giant lizard crap!

--"Tell me, i'll post it right here. Problem solved. World war 3 averted."--

The revealing of the Secret was not the recipe for averting the Fatima chastisement. So even if you were provided the secret and posted it here and now, the problem would not be solved and it would not avert WWIII.

The burden to reveal the Secret however, does rest upon the RC Church.

For you to be handed the Secret and post it here would not be much of a hassle or a problem for you, and therefore not much of a test.

A test from God would not be easy and not without risk.

The Catholic Church is the largest and oldest Christian organization and is supposed to live according to the teachings of Jesus. So it would not be surprising that God would toss a major and VERY PUBLIC test upon the Pope and Catholic Church. The Fatima Message and Secret being that test. To reveal the Secret in full, the Catholic upper hierarchy has to risk any credibility it has and I believe to also risk it's life(by means of provoking military retaliation by Russia).

--"Millions have to die every hour because the church are keeping a secret???"--

1) if a divine chastisement arrives, it is because God "is punish(ing) the world for it's crimes."
    2) if it arrives, the chastisement would involve an additional punishment directed against the Church and it's members for having refused to heed Jesus' teachings. (precepts of men).
    3) if it arrives, it is because NOT EVEN the Vatican leaders had enough faith and courage to obey God's messenger over their own earthly fears and interests.

--"This rubbish is even less believable than the giant lizard crap!"--

I don't know about giant lizard crap, but you might be right, and I might end up agreeing with you in less than 36 months if the events do not clearly begin materialization; possibly much sooner depending on my reaction to developments pertaining to Russia, Kosovo, and the world economy.

The following is the documented testimony of Father Inancio Lourenco, according to the 1952 book "The True Story of Fatima".

In my opinion, either the October 13th Miracle did in fact happen OR the following report is all LIES. I don't believe for one second that the following testimony describes psychological or naturally explained phenomena.

(Remember this following report pertains to what is alleged to have happened *eleven miles* away from the site of the Miracle, consisting of people that did NOT bother to travel to the Cova da Iria and not expecting to witness the pre-announced miracle...):

(1952-QUOTE)"An interesting document has been left by the late Father Inacio Lourenco, a priest from Alburitel, a village about eleven miles from Fatima. We have ourselves taken the trouble to verify his recollections with many of his surviving parishioners, and especially with the school teacher, Dona Delfina Lopes, to whom he refers. Here is Father Lourenco's report:

'I was only nine years old at this time, and I went to the local village school. At about midday we were surprised by the shouts and cries of some men and women who were passing in the street in front of the school. The teacher, a good, pious woman, though nervous and impressionable, was the first to run into the road, with the children after her.

Outside, the people were shouting and weeping and pointing to the sun, ignoring the agitated questions of the schoolmistress. It was the great Miracle, which one could see quite distinctly from the top of the hill where my village was situated—the Miracle of the sun, accompanied by all its extraordinary phenomena.

I feel incapable of describing what I saw and felt. I looked fixedly at the sun, which seemed pale and did not hurt the eyes. Looking like a ball of snow revolving on itself, it suddenly seemed to come down in a zigzag, menacing the earth. Terrified, I ran and hid myself among the people, who were weeping and expecting the end of the world at any moment.

Near us was an unbeliever who had spent the morning mocking at the simpletons who had gone off to Fatima just to see an ordinary girl. He now seemed to be paralysed, his eyes fixed on the sun. Afterwards he trembled from head to foot and lifting up his arms fell on his knees in the mud, crying out to our Lady.

Meanwhile the people continued to cry out and to weep, asking God to pardon their sins. We all ran to the two chapels in the village, which were soon filled to overflowing. During those long moments of the solar prodigy, objects around us turned all the colours of the rainbow. We saw ourselves blue, yellow, red, etc. All these strange phenomena increased the fears of the people. After about ten minutes the sun, now dull and pallid, returned to its place. When the people realised that the danger was over, there was an explosion of joy, and everyone joined in thanksgiving and praise to our Lady."(EndQuote)

----
    Maybe it's the truth, maybe it's a lie, unless you and I were there we can't know for certain. Not yet. Unless we witness a comparable phenomenon OR witness the undeniable fulfillment in the future of a Fatima prophecy such as: "When you see a night illuminated by an unknown light, know that this is the great sign given you by God that he is about to...#!?@!#@."

And even if you were there, even if you saw, you might not believe your eyes. Excuses are neverending.

• Advertisement

RGDATA! wrote: »
    I grew up accepting (and being scared sh*tless) that the Secrets of Fatima were genuine.

I find the idea ridiculous now, but still wonder where it came from and how it grew such legs? Was it a publicity stunt by the Vatican, create a myth to scare the faithful into obedience, stoke anti-communism, maintain a mystique and aura of power about the Vatican. I also wonder if at some stage the story had to be played along and slowly shoved aside by successive generations to prevent the embarrassment of the Church.

The simplest explanation is that it was the imagination of an attention seeking child spun out of control. At some point it was too late for her to back-out without embarrassing herself, her entire family, then her village, country and Church.

the Fatima Apparitions occurred for five months in 1917, SANDWICHED between the two Russian revolutions in 1917, and BEFORE Vladimir Lenin and the Communists took control of Russia through the 2nd revolution of early November 1917. The Communist/Lenin coup occurred shortly after the October 13th miracle of the sun. Despite the prophecy not being revealed until 1941, the timing of the apparitions occurring shortly before the anti-religious communists took power in Russia.....to a notable extent undermines the claims of the prophecy being earthly anti-communist propaganda.

It is my view that the secret revealed in 1941 (the 2nd part) merely mentions world war II as a passing footnote, but does not actually pertain to Hitler's world war II, pertaining to a different future conflagration that requires Russia and not Germany to be the central scourge of the world. Basically I view the Third Secret and Second Secret as being two parts of a single cohesive prophecy that barely pertain to the past. I might go into that subject in detail another time. Lenin and the communists were the 20th century opening act in Russia that would prelude the explosive 21st century main event.

Advertisement