Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It is snowing...

• 30-11-2010 8:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Nothing to get excited about though. Very light dusting on the car at the mo, here's hoping there is more to come!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Very lightly, would'nt even call them flakes,moe like snow fl's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Forecast is for snow today, and the clouds outside look like it could come down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Little flurries starting now by father russell road!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Nice looking out here.
    photo0292d.th.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Got a decent fall by the South Circular Road a few minutes ago, but I don't know if it's sticking! ^_^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Personally i hope it doesn't snow heavy. We had enough hassle with getting around because of it last year to last us a life time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Very light flutters of snow out in Annacotty. It's not sticking though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Got a decent fall by the South Circular Road a few minutes ago, but I don't know if it's sticking! ^_^

I.O. are you ok? will your fall be on the 6.01 later?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Stopped again :(

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Trust me lads ye don't want snow. I'm in college in Dublin at the moment, and it's been a bloody blizzard for the past 3 days. It ended up raining last night so everything has turned into slush and it's impossible to drive or walk in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Does anyone know if its meant too heavy here?

Back in my home town where its had proper snow 4 times in the past 19 years its apparently lapland!I cant emphasis enough how that place never has any so t'would be a nice treat to get it up here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

Got a couple minutes of heavy snow in UL earlier but it disappeared just as quick.
    The scrooge in me is happy isn't snowing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

MarkR wrote: »

Right across the road from work :D
    Trust me lads ye don't want snow. I'm in college in Dublin at the moment, and it's been a bloody blizzard for the past 3 days. It ended up raining last night so everything has turned into slush and it's impossible to drive or walk in!

Ah come on its great fun - was up driving in North County Dublin a few days ago in a RWD car! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Haven't seen as much as a snowflake all day - This thread is a constant reminder and disappointment of this sad, sad fact :(

Bah.

- Actually, how come in Limerick we get rained on for ~360 days a year and then when it gets properly cold then suddenly it goes bone dry and we can't even have a decent snowfall?

Bah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Thats Limerick City!

Mc Love wrote: »
    Right across the road from work :D

No, you're across the road from work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Depressing reading the Weather forum with all the folk getting snow! Some places even have a foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Iorras55

Raiser wrote: »
    Haven't seen as much as a snowflake all day - This thread is a constant reminder and disappointment of this sad, sad fact :(

Bah.

- Actually, how come in Limerick we get rained on for ~360 days a year and then when it gets properly cold then suddenly it goes bone dry and we can't even have a decent snowfall?

Bah.

I thought the whole country had got snowed in. In North Mayo, right along the coast, which rarely sees snow, we have been snowed in with impassable roads for the last four days. About four inches of snow fell and then it froze solid and has stayed that way ever since. Nothing nice about it. Its lethal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Limerick snow is, it snows, kids come out and go "hurray snow" or "look snow, sham!", run back in to get mittens\gloves hats and scarves and by the time they get out the rain has washed it away.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I think I must be the anti-snow. Last year in Galway we didn't get proper snow but pretty much everywhere else in the country did. All we had was frozen roads and footpaths without any of the fun stuff.
    Now I'm in Limerick- same thing.

Having said that, I was working in Dublin on Sunday and Monday, it was a nightmare trying to get around. Couldn't wait to get away from it. Typical wimmin, never happy...

Bah indeed Raiser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

I think there is some snow conspiracy going on. In actuality, there is no snow in the rest of the country. Instead they are all lining up for the free EU cheese, and just don't want the people of limerick and clare to have any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I must say I'm a little disappointed of the lack of snow.

I'm lucky I don't need to travel to get to work but a light dusting would be nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Haha, your feeling hard done by Slinky2000. Looking at the scenes in Dublin and along the East coast you would be feeling a wee bit jealous alright, specially if like me the snow brings out the inner child in you:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,280 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Becareful what you wish for lads. We all enjoy the snow for a bit until it turns to ice and we then have to try and get to where we are going in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Snow is due to hit the west tonight (its coming in from the Atlantic this time, so there is nowhere to hide)

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/commuter-chaos-set-to-continue-484067.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

cant believe we are the only place not to get any. sickening. whats with the midwest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

cant believe we are the only place not to get any. sickening. whats with the midwest!

We are due sleet later, changing to snow when you are in bed and then clearing tomorrow in time for a sloshy, sludgy weekend.

- Merry Christmas.

Bah.

I'd to drive to Leitrim yesterday for work. Not all it's cracked up to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,280 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The ground is so cold that any rain/snow will probably freeze on contact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I'm up since 5 and there was no snow on the ground, It started in the last half hour and now the whole place is covered.....:D

Advertisement