Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Paddy Comerford

Options
  • 30-11-2010 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭

The veteran Cork stage performer Paddy Comerford has died at his home in the city at the age of 80. He was well known as the star of pantomimes and shows such as summer revels in the city's theatres performing to generations of Corkonians.

He was a uniquely entertaining actor and storyteller - I think he had his own one man show in the everyman last year which was filmed. Hopefully they will show it on tv. RIP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

A great entertainer - family knew him well. Used to see him on Christmas mornings in my neighbours, he was always great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

wonderfully talented man. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

RIP indeed...I was shocked when I heard it yesterday afternoon.

A very close neighbour of mine when I was living at home with the parents. I showed him how to use the internet about a year ago. He was stunned when I showed him videos of himself on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

This is such sad news.

RIP Paddy.

They don't make them like him anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

He will be greatly missed by a large audience in Cork - but let's hope he's still performing on that great stage in the sky. R.I.P. Paddy - your jokes won't be forgotten. J

• Advertisement
Advertisement