Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dan Martin's bike for sale

• 30-11-2010 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

Want to treat yourself for Christmas! Dan Martin's bike and some other team bikes and frames for sale on slipstreamsports site. Note they do not carry a Felt guarantee but offer a no quibble refund if you don't like the goods. Beautiful bikes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

sy wrote: »
    Want to treat yourself for Christmas! Dan Martin's bike and some other team bikes and frames for sale on slipstreamsports site. Note they do not carry a Felt guarantee but offer a no quibble refund if you don't like the goods. Beautiful bikes.

Yeah? Well how come he didn't post them in the Cycling Adverts section?:)

Nice bikes though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

weighs in at an astonishing 6.8 kilograms

what it weighs the uci weight limit -amazing

felts are much nicer than cervelos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭C3PO

Very pretty bike but personally I'd be slow to spend €5k on a bike with no warranty which I knew had been raced hard!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

RPL1 wrote: »
    Very pretty bike but personally I'd be slow to spend €5k on a bike with no warranty which I knew had been raced hard!!

+1 don't see the attraction 5k for a USED bike??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭markcroninbsc

how much epo can you buy for 4,726.99?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

I kid you not - but in March this year i cycled with Dan Martin and a few of the team in Girona and was on an AR1 which had the Irish Champion logo on it - Shamrocks the whole shebang. Really beautiful machine.

If i had the cash i would certainly shell out on one of these - the specimens i saw were in mint condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Transporting

I am just after picking up a beautiful Felt F1 from Eurocycles on the Long Mile road. Got a great deal from Ross in there. The snow has prevented me from getting out on the roads but must say I am very impressed with it.
    Here is a snap of the new bike.

I am just after picking up a beautiful Felt F1 from Eurocycles on the Long Mile road. Got a great deal from Ross in there. The snow has prevented me from getting out on the roads but must say I am very impressed with it.
    Here is a snap of the new bike.

That'll be perfect with your white overshoes Damo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Transporting

That'll be perfect with your white overshoes Damo!!!

They are Primark finest white sports socks I'll have you know..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

07Lapierre wrote: »
    +1 don't see the attraction 5k for a USED bike??
    I agree but this might be slightly better deal at €3667. Love the paint job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

These bikes are Waaay too dear. If us ordinary mortals buy a 5k bike, it loses 20-25% the day we buy it. 1 year old its worth 25-35% less. These bikes have been ridden hard, transported, carried on roof racks etc. They are also from a now defunct team, which had relatively little success and not the best paintjob ever. Can't understand the prices TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Those prices make the HTC Columbia addicts look less expensive ;) certainly better value, if still expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

spyderski wrote: »
    These bikes are Waaay too dear. If us ordinary mortals buy a 5k bike, it loses 20-25% the day we buy it. 1 year old its worth 25-35% less. These bikes have been ridden hard, transported, carried on roof racks etc. They are also from a now defunct team, which had relatively little success and not the best paintjob ever. Can't understand the prices TBH.

You have a point alright. The fact that the team has now been re-named and are no longer riding Felt bikes - you'd imagine the prices should have been slashed. Still - why would they when there are some people out there who will buy them at the extravagent price.

if someone buys them they will be priced right if they dont i guess they will drop the prices, think its called market forces or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Just like their €122 SS Jerseys !

http://eu.shopslipstreamsports.com/2011-apparel.html

Just like their €122 SS Jerseys !

http://eu.shopslipstreamsports.com/2011-apparel.html

nearly choked on my coffee with that one (and people thought the sky ones were expensive) i think i'll stick to trawling round the bargain bins skil shimano long sleeve €26.95 anyone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

spyderski wrote:

In fairness, some of the bikes on that site are new, and the frame on Dan Martin's one looks very lightly used according to its description:
    Frame: 2010 F1 SL frame + fork, raced 4-5 days, excellent condition.

Not that I'd be buying one myself mind you, but if I was in the market for that model of bike and was budgeting for the retail price (which they claim is over €7,300) then it could be a genuine bargain. Assuming their "no questions asked returns policy" lives up to its name too then that would make it one of the safer second-hand purchase sources I reckon.

doozerie wrote: »
    Assuming their "no questions asked returns policy" lives up to its name too then that would make it one of the safer second-hand purchase sources I reckon.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but the "no quibble guarantee" only seems to apply as long as you don't actually ride the bike!

"We offer each buyer a no questions asked return policy provided the bike or frame has not been ridden. If you receive your bike, unpack it, and are unhappy with the condition of the product we’ve sold you, call us or send us an email and we’ll send a return shipping label, as well as a full refund - no questions asked."

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shnoop

If thats dan's bike, wheres the mavic Ultimates that he's been riding on all year, more like dan's bike minus his wheels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but the "no quibble guarantee" only seems to apply as long as you don't actually ride the bike!

Yes, that is my reading of it too. I think that is fair enough though, as most places insist that you can't return something if it has been used (by you).

With a bike I think it should be possible to determine whether there are any serious issues with it by inspecting it fully before riding. Of course, you may not be able to spot something as subtle as the beginnings of a crack in a carbon fibre frame but depending on your view that risk in itself may be a good enough reason to never buy a second hand carbon frame in the first place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement