Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

It's definitely thawing in Athlone now. Sunny with blue skies and just a few clouds. Not sure of temperature but the windspeed is definitely increasing. It seems to be easterly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

pelting in Newbridge for last half an hour...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Does it look like there'll be no more snow for south dublin? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Heavy sleet here:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

any chance of snow in dublin city centre or Blackrock??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Huh? they forecast big snows last night in the east, then backtracked in the 9 o clock forecast to sleet/rain.

We never questioned it would turn colder today with snow returning or that it wouldn't snow inland.

The plain truth was, their initial forecast for last night and this morning was simply wrong, while the 9pm forecast was correct.

Ah on the other thread this morning they were all saying the met made a hash of it , period,

Any way my comment was not have a go , more so, a laugh

They did backtrack and change at 9 but thats the science that is the weather i suppose !

Can I just say its bucketing down might big flakes again in SNOWbridge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

Huh? they forecast big snows last night in the east, then backtracked in the 9 o clock forecast to sleet/rain.

We never questioned it would turn colder today with snow returning or that it wouldn't snow inland.

The plain truth was, their initial forecast for last night and this morning was simply wrong, while the 9pm forecast was correct.

Weathercheck, do you think that coastal areas will return to snow later in the day or is sleet the most we can hope for.If so roughly what time. Sleet and hail on and off in Monkstown at the moment at 2 degrees.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

jamieh wrote: »

No it does not look like there will be no more snow for s dub

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Very very light snow.falling here now in north kk.
    With cloudy/sunny spells

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Is the DP of 99c being shown at Cork Airport on Irish Weather Network going to be a problem for snow sticking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Radar13.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Miserable in Dublin city centre. Was still nice this morning in Celbridge.
    Pic of the ditch frozen over the other day

200033401.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1291118354&Signature=M14AUYPkxLqZoDbA2yHLESClySE%3D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Is the DP of 99c being shown at Cork Airport on Irish Weather Network going to be a problem for snow sticking?

you up by the airport too ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The latest forecast from the meteorologists in Dublin Airport (the TAF forecast) suggests sleety rain and graupel showers until about 5 or so this evening, then from about 6pm onwards until 12 middday tomorrow there will be falls of snow. The models are also upping the precipitation totals for early tomorrow morning, so I'd be hopeful even if this afternoon is not going to deliver that much for me:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

back to the light snow again now ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

you up by the airport too ?:)

At work in town but live on hill not a million miles away from airport

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mollzer

Heavy snow just passing over Shercock, Cavan heading Cootehill direction.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Of course not.

You depressive types are doing my head in... it's only been a few minutes since the snow stopped in south Dublin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Cork got snow!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kenskool

just finished bucketing down here in the dublin mountains. About 3 or 4 inches on the ground now. Its a whiteout!! Hopefully there will be more on the way.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Light snow in D2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Fine big hailstones in Deansgrange, Dublin. Hammering down, but it's sunny and clearly just a flurry. Otherwise we're well in the coastal thaw belt, with roads improving steadily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Snowing again in Killanne outside Enniscorthy. Winds have picked up significantly, flags flying at moment.

Its going to snow like a bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

7 inches on the ground in Tallaght now and still snowing, i'm at the foothills of the Dublin Mountains and we have been getting pounded all morning, skies are dark and v cold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

kenskool wrote: »
    just finished bucketing down here in the dublin mountains. About 3 or 4 inches on the ground now. Its a whiteout!! Hopefully there will be more on the way.:D

Any idea what glencullen is like ?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Snowing again in D14. Southside snow has returned. Emergency averted... For now.

-dun dun dun-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Air Temp in Ashford hasn't dipped below 4.6°C all morning. DP has been hovering around -0.4°C. Still hopeful of some action later tonight though - it's not getting any higher so I'll be thankful for small mercies.

MilanPan!c wrote: »

-dun dun dun-

Laoghaire....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Sun shining in Limerick :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement