Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

That must be incorrect ,

Palmerstown 1.9

Blanch 2.1

Tallaght 0.1

I'll go back out and get a picture shortly. My feet are soaked, thought it was solid ice/snow but just slush

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Belting down soft hail/graupel here. 1.5c :)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Heavy snow now in tinahely

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Bucketing down in Tallaght, truck jack knifed on Tallaght by pass going to cause chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Thawing at a great rate in Kilkenny city. Went into Dunnes to do a big stock up and came out to find the roads clearing and the grass appearing everywhere. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

t|nt|n wrote: »
    How much ya reckon has fallen ?

I reckon a good inch ,

But with the Temps above 0 there is a slight thaw coming down the drainpipes from the roof ,

Still bucketing down, The estate has been covered in snow since Friday night so not sure if its sticking to the main roads in the town

• Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭ongarite

Just back from a trip from Dublin 15 to CityWest and back again.
    The big thaw has really taken over in Dublin 15 & Lucan but the roads around CityWest are very bad. There was a steady hail & snow falling in CityWest for the hour I was over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 LostChild

Snow/sleet/hail mix in Sandyford for the last 10 minutes. Crazy weather here all morning. Nothing really sticking in the last few showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

RAIN/sleet here in Wexford Town

no snow!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Yrag2E wrote: »
    I'll go back out and get a picture shortly. My feet are soaked, thought it was solid ice/snow but just slush

No need il take you at your word :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Guys i have some pictures from Tallaght for you, just wondering how to add them, thanks a million.

PLease add them here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056102480&page=9
    GO to submit reply, manage attachments, and upload load them...

then to have to show up , go to insert image icon, and ad the link of the images u just uploaded... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Netanya

Thaw on here in Kilcock. Had some rain earlier. Very disappointing.

Don't have an actual temp but everything is dripping and significant snow reduction.

Cloud cover is increasing but I really think it's going to be rain again.

Edit: Scratch that we have graupel

*crosses fingers for snow*

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Temps on the rise again? What's the story i thought they were to go down as the day went on?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Temp. now +2 in killester , had been -1 an hour ago :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Tiny bit of snow in Malahide, just little flurries in the wind

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

irish147 wrote: »
    RAIN/sleet here in Wexford Town

no snow!!!!

you might as well get use to sleet/rain because the snow days are over and it wont be back over the short term of maybe 3-5 days but who knows after that time

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Strange morning here in Dublin 12 (walkinstown), early morning there we had snow and graupel, then come about 9 the temperature rose to about 3 degrees and a light thaw began. But in the last 2 hours it was gotten considerably colder and the wind has picked up. Thaw seems to have stopped, short bursts of snow and graupel and a temperature of 0.6 degrees. Heres hoping we have a nice snowy afternoon. Christ I picked a great a time to take a week off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 solasame

Had to pop out for tea bags earlier. Inland Cork had heavy snow, I'm right on coast looking out at the sea, Currabinny / Crosshaven.

NO chance of it sticking here, its bucketing down.

How do I go about finding current temps out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

snowing again by cork airport :)

Defcol wrote: »
    Temps on the rise again? What's the story i thought they were to go down as the day went on?

Dont worry there looking like dropping at some stage between 12and 3 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

At work in Carrick-on-Suir in South Tipp. A few snow showers earlier but now blazing sunshine!! According to the thermometer outside the chemist it's 6c.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

smokin ace wrote: »
    you might as well get use to sleet/rain because the snow days are over and it wont be back over the short term of maybe 3-5 days but who knows after that time

[rolls eyes]

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Cashel Mc

Heavy snow now in tinahely
    Darkest lord are you in the mountains or in the town and how much ground cover have you? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Sun is trying to come out here in Blanch! :eek: Wind has also died down alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

ok false alarm snow has stopped here again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Starting to snow again

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Live updates incase you're doing some travelling :D

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1130/weather_live_updates.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Fcuk either give me a proper snow storm or fcuk off with your false promises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    [rolls eyes]

no but if the temp keep rising it wont help
    is not to warm up slightly by the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Intermittent sleet and rain here in Swords (snow on and off too), a nice thaw occuring :)

Hopefully we'll see the end of this cold spell soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement