Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Anyone know or able to predict conditions later in the balbriggan area? dont believe its snowed there at all over last 12 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Had a really nice snow shower there :), big big flakes aswell

video coming up shortly

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Rain/Sleet here in Waterford city Temp 2.7c DP 0.8c, Major thaw happening.

Live Temperature watch @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Light snow in Ballydesmond, Co. Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Are temps going to drop in Dublin this afternoon ? My thermometer is now reading +3 , had been -1 a couple of hours ago ? Lovely blue skies at the moment:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

barnicles wrote: »
    Light snow in Ballydesmond, Co. Cork.

the snow shield from cork city has moved north. just the odd flurry but no heavy stuff. maybe later maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

you can watch the latest sky news weather here http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/UK-Weather-Snow-Engulfs-Britain-As-Bitter-Winds-Bring-Arctic-Conditions/Article/201011415841708?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_4&lid=ARTICLE_15841708_UK_Weather%3A_Snow_Engulfs_Britain_As_Bitter_Winds_Bring_Arctic_Conditions she mentions where ireland will get snow this evening. Having watched this the past couple days they've been far wrong, better than met/rte anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Athlone update: Just starting to snow very lightly again. Windspeed has increased a fair bit but it's still very sunny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Guys don't be put off by the rising temperatures. That's insignificant as there are more showers on the way. The good news is that here on the coast dew points are heading in the right direction. Look at your dew points!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

More showers on the way looking nice for the afternoon

Radar14.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

1cm of snow lying here in Ardagh, Co. Longford. It arrived between 04:30 and 05:00 hrs.

Currently temp is 1.8c and dp of 0.2 with clear blue skies

patneve2 wrote: »
    Guys don't be put off by the rising temperatures. That's insignificant as there are more showers on the way. The good news is that here on the coast dew points are heading in the right direction. Look at your dew points!

I have a basic thermometer out in the garden , how do you find dew points ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Seems to be a pattern immerging... is your town on it yet? pop over to the map thread and mention it.. try and use a town or village already on the map if possible

boardssnow-3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭nanu nanu

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/3hour.asp

This has been building up in size all morning. M2 DP for 13:00 will be interesting!
    Everybody go home now:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Zee snow in Athlone

Roads completely untreated, its hell out there atm

137361.JPG

137362.JPG

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The size of the flakes and the intensity of the snow in Snowbridge at the moment is epic.

Never in my life have I witnessed what I am seeing the last 1hr 45minutes

Temp 0.8

Dp -0.2

Seems to be stuck on them reading for the last 45 minutes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Zee snow in Athlone

Roads completely untreated, its hell out there atm

137362.JPG

If I had a car parked any where along that road I would be moving it very lively !

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Its pelting down snow now in Mullingar, snow is around 4 inches thick where I am.

In the town there have been countless cars and lorries sliding off the roads, seems we've been one of the worst towns hit.

Thats the first bit of snow Mullingar has seen this winter. We had four inches last saturday, sunday, 2 inches Monday and hitting 8 inches on the ground now where i am in Dublin, just wondering what your source is for the worst hit town?

Random746.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Flurrys again in Greystones (has been all morning from about 10.00am on) but no sign of it sticking. Quite annoying.

snow again :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

patneve2 wrote: »

Yes exactly.
    Air Temp in Ashford hasn't dipped below 4.6°C all morning. DP has been hovering around -0.4°C. Still hopeful of some action later tonight though - it's not getting any higher so I'll be thankful for small mercies.

D.P. has now gone to a daily low in Ashford of -1.8°C - that's in the last hour. Some indication of a bit of a drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

nanu nanu wrote: »
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/3hour.asp

This has been building up in size all morning. M2 DP for 13:00 will be interesting!
    Everybody go home now:D
    Any chance of that reaching Galway or will it dump its white load all over ye?

Hey cherryghost , those photos are great , wish it was like that here !

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

The sat image doesn't look too shabby to my completely untrained eye as long as DP's and temp stay down. Pls do correct me if I'm wrong.

image.ashx?country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=1&sat=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

heavy snow shower in Dunmanway West cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Nice Stream from the bay about to hit Dublin 2 / 4 now "Will temps be cold ok for snow ?"

***Just started nice Flakes !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Mullingar is a disaster today apparently, roads weren't gritted at all this morning. The County Council seem to have been completely unprepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Hey cherryghost , those photos are great , wish it was like that here !

Drop out to Dublin 24 its much the same, hasn't stopped snowing since 3am, thick then light then thick again. Its amazing how one part of Dublin has nothing and the other is at a standstill, crazy country.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Heavy hail and snow here in east Meath. The paths I cleared this morning are already covered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Can anyone tell me whats going to happen in Dublin today, are those temps going to drop and give us some snow.

Here in Dundrum at the moment there is still several inches of snow on the ground but it's definitely melting.

It was a siberian nightmare in the city centre this morning, driving hail and completely untreated footpaths made the journey over to college hell! Thank God I bought those wellies on Friday!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement