Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Thermometer in my garden now reading 2 degrees so has dropped 1 in the last half hour (Killester /Raheny)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

These snow showers are very short lived . . . can we expect any persistent snow over the next few hours?

Yes there has only been a small window of clearance for the development over the Irish sea, watch the showers become bigger and intense as the evening and night progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Shelga

On the dart into town atm, a huge thaw has clearly set in and I can no longer live in denial :(

The only thing that can cheer me up now is a huge freeze followed by a huge blizzard. 8 inches of snow my arse. Gerry Murphy is a traitor who lied to us all :(:(:(

My feet that are soaking wet from slush aren't improving my mood much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Hey DominoDub,

How did you read those "streams" on the bay.

nice light snow in Townsend St now, with light wind

I work (when not on boards:D) in a 5th Floor office block in Dublin 4 ,watching it just roll in from a distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Oh my......... I see snow flakes falling very slowly in Killarney.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

coming down again in d14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Oh my......... I see snow flakes falling very slowly in Killarney.

Was like that here a bit ago... the sun is blaring now though :D i'm not too far from you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Tomohawk wrote: »
    Saturday Midnight
    PICT1857.jpg
    Lunchtime thaw setting in today!
    PICT1868.jpg

Quiet a big thaw going on but that said there are ongoing graupel/snow showers and the wind is picking up slowly...

On the bright side Tomohawk we can get the scooters back out soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

barnicles wrote: »
    Was like that here a bit ago... the sun is blaring now though :D i'm not too far from you :P

:( I hate the south! I just wanna make a snow man :P

If the snow sticks in Cork City I'll be happy, heading up there tonight methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Shelga wrote: »
    On the dart into town atm, a huge thaw has clearly set in and I can no longer live in denial :(

The only thing that can cheer me up now is a huge freeze followed by a huge blizzard. 8 inches of snow my arse. Gerry Murphy is a traitor who lied to us all :(:(:(

My feet that are soaking wet from slush aren't improving my mood much!

4 inches in Terenure at 9:30 this morning, dont know what it is doing there now (snow, sleet, hail, rain?) but I see there's been precip over there all morning, that 8 inches was forecast over 36 hours, already half way there, or even closer if that precip this morning has been snow. So I don't think he was too far wrong. May have to dig myself back in there this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Snowing in Athlone again

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

ffs i'm waiting over 30mins for Youtube to process my video clip, come on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Snow, maybe some graupal too, in D15. Seems like another short, sharp burst that'll pass soon.

edit - as I type, it's already dying out!

Seems like there's just the odd cloud passing overhead quickly now letting out some stuff.The sky is very fragmented, cloudy, but breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

dublin airport hovering again, back up to +3

ffs - the cold is not happening. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Snowing again in Mullingar
    Sky looks v dark!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭nanu nanu

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

dublin airport hovering again, back up to +3

ffs - the cold is not happening. :eek:

It is, just look at what is falling out of the sky in the showers and you will know!

Remember temps at 3c hide the actual dewpoint and airmass.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Argh !!! huge thaw on in Monasterevin,most of the snow is now slush :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Heavy, thick graupel in North County Dublin/East Meath. If we get much more it will stick. It's turning to slush as it falls at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

its like the Bahamas here now the sun its out with force and all the snows melting quicker than butter on a hot knife

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭nanu nanu

M2 DP

09:00 = 1.5
    10:00 = 1.3
    11:00 = 0.9
    12:00 = -0.5
    13:00 = -1.3

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Snow hammering down now in Enniscorthy,rapid drop in temp.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

nanu nanu wrote: »
    M2 DP

09:00 = 1.5
    10:00 = 1.3
    11:00 = 0.9
    12:00 = -0.5
    13:00 = -1.3

could you give me a crash course in what this really means ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ManAboutCouch

Nice one - the M2 Buoy DP has dropped to -1.3, from -0.5 an hour ago. There is some pretty cold wet air on it's way to the East.

http://www.met.ie/latest/buoy.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 solasame

looking out over sea here in Cork south, lashing rain / sleet.

Where can I find out current temps and watch any dips? We live on a hill with natural springs all around and worried the road will freeze over in places when the temp drops this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

From my vantage point I can see a nice wall of precip moving fast over North County Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

i think people a clutching at straws here for another GOOD fall of snow in my honest opinion and i hope i am very wrong but it wont happen the best that will happen is maybe a very light dusting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

600 posts in 4 hours... this is going to be a megathread !!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

smokin ace wrote: »
    i think people a clutching at straws here for another good fall of snow in my honest opinion and i hope i am very wrong but it wont happen

Same thing happened during the last cold spell. There was talk of a 2 day blizzard by people here when in fact it was entirely gone by the end of those two days.
    So depressing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement