Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Clementine

Snow in Rathmines just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

sfa of any kind all morning here south Meath - except dripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdripdrip

but I'm still optimistic....

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Yet more snow in D14.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭south

RobitTV wrote: »
    OMG!! Tramore co.waterford SNOW SNOW SNOW, INCREDIBLE,

no snow in the city yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

leahyl wrote: »
    Lads i just nearly had heart failure!!! Snowing HEAVILY in Cork City!!! I got my wish!!!!!!!!:D

Congrats! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

What effect will the colder air now reaching us have on the convective activity over the irish sea? Thats the key IMO. Little doubt that its gonna be cold enough for it but whether we have a few light showers or something more substantial. Thats the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Co.Waterford: Snowing in Tramore Co.Waterford Its stopped now, But it lasted nearly 10 mins or so, im hoping this is a Warning for a bigger snow blizzard later lol,

• Registered Users Posts: 46 krrh

snowing in clondalkin! i have everything crossed that it lasts!!

But is that going to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Nothing but hail and melting ice in rathfarnham. Nuts to this thread. I' back to hating snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Looks like the Isle of Man is going to scupper Navans chances again...:(

Can you not move over just a bit? pleeeeeeeeeeasssse? ah go on.....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Snow or Hail shower every five mins in Greystones but nothing sticking, very frustrating watching it. Hopefully there will be enough precip left for tonight when it gets cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

delw wrote: »
    you have the cold siberian air blowing in now

thats ok but we need the Siberian cold air last night when "the event" was coming from the uk is it not gone to late now and any snow showers that happen wont be much more than a very light dusting but i am not saying it wont be cold it will be very cold but if anyone that can show me that there is snow on the way i will bow to there knowledge and wisdom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

well i saw at about half 12 airport hill and possibily cobh get dumped with a good load of snow. so far since this morning it's been a sprinkling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Gremlin wrote: »
    What effect will the colder air now reaching us have on the convective activity over the irish sea? Thats the key IMO. Little doubt that its gonna be cold enough for it but whether we have a few light showers or something more substantial. Thats the question.

It'll have a good effect on beefing up the showers, definitely more than a few light showers (although some places will do better than others, down to luck really). It's already bubbling up quite nicely and the colder uppers aren;t even here yet. Thunder also likely :D

Heavy graupel here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

smokin ace wrote: »
    thats ok but we need the Siberian cold air last night when "the event" was coming from the uk is it not gone to late now and any snow showers that happen wont be much more than a very light dusting but i am not saying it wont be cold it will be very cold but if anyone that can show me that there is snow on the way i will bow to there knowledge and wisdom
    Jesus it's only snow like!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I can't see any cold air coming;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

2.5 degrees in Carlow Town

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

just heard a crack of thunder and now it's snowing heavily! (north co. dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭KilOit

Snow again in Tallaght

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Jesus it's only snow like!

i know but its fun when it comes :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Convection in the Irish Sea is continually giving rise to precipitation, that's where the intermittent showers are coming from currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Anymore for dub 6 or should I just enjoy the slush

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

Rougies wrote: »
    It'll have a good effect on beefing up the showers, definitely more than a few light showers (although some places will do better than others, down to luck really). It's already bubbling up quite nicely and the colder uppers aren;t even here yet. Thunder also likely :D

Heavy graupel here now.

Thanks roughies. I notice on the sat pic animation the convection seems to be seriously picking up just east of a line between anglesea and IOM(S) Also North of IOM looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Woohoo snowing in Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

I think the "event" is still very much on if you look at the snow crossing the UK at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

just heard a crack of thunder and now it's snowing heavily! (north co. dublin)

i'm getting peeved at the lack of thunder down here in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Woohoo snowing in Carlow

i was about to demand where in carlow, but then i looked out my window YAY!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

irishbird wrote: »
    just been in the car park at work, holles street, dublin 2 - major thawing action in progress

Looking out onto Merrion Sq myself. Miserable seeing the trees bare no longer covered in snow.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 99 ✭✭Royal Dub

Hi there experts,
    what were the conditions that brought about the big snow in 1982 was it or 1985?

• Advertisement

this is a question for the experts out there will it snow down in the south east or is it only dublin going to get it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement