Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Eoineo wrote: »
    Lads the darkness could be due to the fact that dusk is approaching as much as there are dark clouds. :D

Latest report on met.ie reports +2 in Dublin Airport.

Could be, but about 30min ago it went dark really quick.
    Lot of natural light in the office. Not so much a couple of seconds later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Longest snow of the Day in Dublin 4 !

That change in wind direction has moved that stream south that was over north county dublin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Pretty heavy here now in Dublin 4, still light flakes but much much more falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

The Isle of Man shadow is setting up and it looks like i and North Dublin could be the victims.

Looks like it'll take Navan with it :(

******: Wait, hold the phone! It might not, for once we might be on the top half of the gap!! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Nothing in D9, I think us northsiders are getting a raw deal ;)
    Went to bed at 8am with expectations of waking up to a whiteout now but no joy.
    Have to drive to work from D9 to Leixlip at around 6pm, hopefully see some snow on the way :)
    PS. Am I the only one who likes driving in the snow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Is Galway gonna be in that Isle of Man shadow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

I think the snow is over tbh :(

Kill joy

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Snowing here for a hour or so seems to be easing off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 iancw

SnowY32 wrote: »
    can anyone in carlow confirm is it snowing????

yes there was a good shower of snow in Carlow, didnt really stick cause of the thaw earlier, was like a mini blizzard fro a while. is day it will be later 2nite by the time we see more

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Some good sleet/snow in Dublin 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

snowing again South Kilkenny, big flakes for the first time today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

snowing in Dublin 8 again. Was hail earlier but turned to snow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Unfortunately tonight looks like its a non event in Dublin to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

First snow shower of the day here in Wexford town wait ..........maybe it's graupel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Have you not seen the clouds coming in from the east, there has been more snow in the past 24 hours than we normally get in a year so have faith. All the signs point to having an almightly pasting of snow in the east tonight and tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Skies are almost completely clear in Dublin 15. No snow for the past 45 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ManAboutCouch

Some light snow fell in Dublin 8 for a few minutes there. No sign of any freezing yet, but it certainly feels colder than an hour ago. The current clouds look a bit too wispy to deliver a dumping. Here's hoping for something more sustained later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Just exiting the M50 at Firhouse to go for a wintry walk up the Hell Fire Club, very heavy snow, Bear Grylls here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

looks like some big dark clouds moving in from the sea....location look east over howth155230_1730222740728_1393267086_1899155_2030009_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Absolutely lashing snow in Dublin 16. Shows no signs of lifting at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

joe316 wrote: »
    Have you not seen the clouds coming in from the east, there has been more snow in the past 24 hours than we normally get in a year so have faith. All the signs point to having an almightly pasting of snow in the east tonight and tomorrow.

I am looking at the clouds on the radar and they are going North East, which means alot of Dublin will be missed. Or maybe i am reading this wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Heavy now in Old Bawn D24

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Just exiting the M50 at Firhouse to go for a wintry walk up the Hell Fire Club, very heavy snow, Bear Grylls here I come!
    So much for the saying "A snowball's chance in hell"...

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

Dark skies over Dublin 8....more snow on the way! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

Snow showers from Carlow town seemed to have reached Bagenalstown finally. Decent amount falling now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Btw a brief but heavy hail shower from about 3.50pm to 4.03pm. Left maybe nearly a centimetre on many surfaces?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Just watched the Hills of Kilkenny dissapear under either fog or a snow storm. Cant quite make it out. Meanwhile very cold in the city!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Drop up to my place where there is 8 inches on the ground and lashing snow now, or as u call it non-event.....just cause its not snowing over your house doesn't mean it isn't elsewhere. Everything that met-eireann said last night has happened in Tallaght, i posted pics earlier in this thread that shows it and its still lashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

God some people are never happy. It has been snowing in Dublin on and off since last Friday night and a lot of snow has fallen all over the county even on the seaboard where I work- up to 3 or 4 inches and there is still lots of it everywhere. Get a grip!! More light snow in Dublin 15 now:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Weathercheck we need a warning thread esspecially for Dublin. There is going to be significant snow fall tonight.

Shower finally breaking through toward Malahide.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement