Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

had a big falling here on the the hills of north kilkenny completly white again hope more will come

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Skies are almost completely clear in Dublin 15. No snow for the past 45 minutes.

Heavy dark clouds over Blanchardstown village!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Co.Waterford: Light snow is now falling on and off little snow flurries today, better then nothing :D

Update: its getting abit heavier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

The Isle of Man shadow is setting up and it looks like i and North Dublin could be the victims.
    i know your probably right WC but (grasping straws here) any chance your using the old "reverse phycology" trick

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Drop up to my place where there is 8 inches on the ground and lashing snow now, or as u call it non-event.....just cause its not snowing over your house doesn't mean it isn't elsewhere. Everything that met-eireann said last night has happened in Tallaght, i posted pics earlier in this thread that shows it and its still lashing.

Its not exactly an event if its only happening in one place now!!

Most of Dublin is an non event execept for your area.

I am jsut reading the winds, I could be totally wrong, hope i am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Drop up to my place where there is 8 inches on the ground and lashing snow now, or as u call it non-event.....just cause its not snowing over your house doesn't mean it isn't elsewhere. Everything that met-eireann said last night has happened in Tallaght, i posted pics earlier in this thread that shows it and its still lashing.

I can say that during any snowfall the Dublin and Wicklow mountains and uplands always get a pasting - including kiltipper. This region has the highest snowfall in Ireland and that is official. Ask Met Eireann.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

channaigh wrote: »
    had a big falling here on the the hills of north kilkenny completly white again hope more will come

Was that just now or earlier today?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

darkman2 wrote: »
    Weathercheck we need a warning thread esspecially for Dublin. There is going to be significant snow fall tonight.

Shower finally breaking through toward Malahide.

Not a bad idea........some serious snow falling here, driving is very dangerous people sliding back down the hill outside my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭joe199

nothing in d11 at the moment, had a graupel shower 30 mins ago and abit of sleet earlyier, all the cloud seem to be out to the east which seems to be the trend of late!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

West Dublin has had a lot of snow especially Blanch, Castleknock, Knocklyon...:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Weathercheck we need a warning thread esspecially for Dublin. There is going to be significant snow fall tonight.

OK maybe it wont be a non event,

This guy seems to be on the button everytime!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The charts look good but i haven't seen any evidence of prolonged stuff yet hitting land, anyway i think this thread will be grand, i will change the title if things get hairy.

Lets hope we need to have a warning added to the title later! Feel free to post yours in the Forecast thread ;)

I want to see things happening first.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Johnny1999 wrote: »
    Was that just now or earlier today?

has just finished say its pushing towards kk it lasted for about an hour

Light/Meduim snow falling in Tramore Co.Waterford, the wind is also blowing it around abit

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

some seriously black clouds approaching dub city centre right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Local radio in Waterford saying it'll be a relatively dry night here with temps staying above zero.

Anyone think thats on the mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

lafors wrote: »
    Nothing in D9, I think us northsiders are getting a raw deal ;)
    Went to bed at 8am with expectations of waking up to a whiteout now but no joy.
    Have to drive to work from D9 to Leixlip at around 6pm, hopefully see some snow on the way :)
    PS. Am I the only one who likes driving in the snow?

No

I like driving in the snow too. Driving from Dundalk to Ashbourne this evening and looking forward to it. Anyone know if Ashbourne stands a chance of getting plastered tonight. I'm off tomorrow so hoping to get about 7 feet of the stuff!!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Proper snow falling again now in Trim, Co. Meath. Moderately heavy. The stuff from this morning only partially thawed and has started to freeze over again. Roads will be a disaster tomorrow I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Going by the GFS it will hit right along the east coast equally. Why the warning ''especialy for dublin''?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Dun Laoghaire just had a heavy shower of snow which is sticking in parts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭bloopy

Finally. light snow shower starting in kk city

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Going by the GFS it will hit right along the east coast equally. Why the warning ''especialy for dublin''?

I dunno, maybe the presence of 1/4 of the countries population?
    The very large traffic volumes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

anyone tell me does cork have a chance of snow tonight?? the kids of the estate are coming to ask me for any news.

Snow has now stopped in Tramore, hopefully we will get Heavier snow showers later..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

M2 bouy at 1600 : 4.0c DP -1.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Still very little in Dublin 4, a few flurries here and there but nothing
    major yet. Still quite blustery and temps have dropped from 4.2deg
    earlier to 2.6deg now.

Looking forward to some activity from these approaching clouds. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

:D bring it on,

thanks btw

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Snowing in Kilkenny City

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    anyone tell me does cork have a chance of snow tonight?? the kids of the estate are coming to ask me for any news.

Haha!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Being in the vicinity of Malahide, comforting to know that weathercheck is stationed nearby. WC, I have to commend you in that you seem to be great at these predictions.

I seem to remember you forecasting a big snow event back in January or February too when others did not. I was about to say you should apply for a job in Met Eireann however you would be turned away for being over qualified :D

Respect to the weathercheck I say !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement