Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Going by the GFS it will hit right along the east coast equally. Why the warning ''especialy for dublin''?
    and Hirlam [/jinx alert]

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Johnny1999 wrote: »
    Snowing in Kilkenny City

told you it was on the way to you enjoy clear skies here now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Going by the GFS it will hit right along the east coast equally. Why the warning ''especialy for dublin''?

I dont think Dublin north will see much with the IOM in the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

ATC weather - Dublin airport closing for runway de-icing for 30 mins from 16.30pm!

Look and listen here:
    http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eidw2
    http://www.radarvirtuel.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

d'Oracle wrote: »
    I dunno, maybe the presence of 1/4 of the countries population?
    The very large traffic volumes?

Ah I see, us ''cultchies'' don't matter a crap down here. Sure we wouldn't know any better anyway would we?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Cashel Mc

Snowing in carlow again!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Had a couple of sharp snow and hail showers earlier this afternoon but all clear now and the ground temps must be freezing as the slush and compacted snow is hardening. There was only a slight thaw today and the roads tonight particularly back roads will be treacherous. Put up the ole peanut feeders and threw seed on the ground for the birds, they swept in like that Hitchcock film, all shapes and sizes, famished.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    anyone tell me does cork have a chance of snow tonight?? the kids of the estate are coming to ask me for any news.

look to the south of the city those clouds are full of snow there at sea at the moment but look like they are creeping in, looks like there's lightning in em as well!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 timmy89

Whats happening up there? Harps or anyone else? Seems to be some percip coming in north east over Malin on will it rain today!

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

All cear in D 15 ballycoolin skies fairly clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Ah I see, us ''cultchies'' don't matter a crap down here. Sure we wouldn't know any better anyway would we?

You said that.
    It was not implied.
    You made it up.

Still not much happening in D2.
    Lot of cloud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

I keep thinking of my mother reading a lot of the posts here today.
    She would hear on the forecast that "it will be rain showers all day", later she would ring me and instead of being happy that no showers happened to pass her house, she would moan that "they never get it right". Because I would have spent the day watching and avoiding the showers with my daily routine, I usually just smile and nod at her. ;)

Clear here 0.7C

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

SnowY32 wrote: »
    look to the south of the city those clouds are full of snow there at sea at the moment but look like they are creeping in, looks like there's lightning in em as well!!! :D

i've seen them as well, and was wondering would they drift in, wouldnt mind if they did

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

The HIRLAM has the whole east coast covered until sometime late thursday....

Anyone know what the wind directions are to be over the next few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

SnowY32 wrote: »

Don't mess with me now *excited*

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Betty-ireland

More snow just outside Carlow town now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 LostChild

Wind has really picked up here in Sandyford. Fresh snow is sticking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Drop up to my place where there is 8 inches on the ground and lashing snow now, or as u call it non-event.....just cause its not snowing over your house doesn't mean it isn't elsewhere. Everything that met-eireann said last night has happened in Tallaght, i posted pics earlier in this thread that shows it and its still lashing.

pokerface, no one cares if its snowing bad in you place ;) because everyone wants it to be snowing heavily in their own places :D ............yes we're jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

The sky / air has an extremely unsettled feel about it........not that I am complaining !

http://www.guinness-storehouse.com/WeatherCam.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

To illustrate streamrs & shadow.

Rogue shower in shadow here, pure snow but light.

streamers.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Defcol wrote: »
    The HIRLAM has the whole east coast covered until sometime late thursday....

Anyone know what the wind directions are to be over the next few days?

Excuse my ignorance guys, what exactly is the HIRLAM?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

It's depressing. I'm literally just inside the shadow where I am (south of blanch village). So marginal :|

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Being in the vicinity of Malahide, comforting to know that weathercheck is stationed nearby. WC, I have to commend you in that you seem to be great at these predictions.

I seem to remember you forecasting a big snow event back in January or February too when others did not. I was about to say you should apply for a job in Met Eireann however you would be turned away for being over qualified :D

Respect to the weathercheck I say !!

+1 for the snow to arrive to Mullach Íde !

Temp 3.2C DP -0.8c, first flakes falling again just now

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

lafors wrote: »
    pokerface, no one cares if its snowing bad in you place ;) because everyone wants it to be snowing heavily in their own places :D ............yes we're jealous!

But this is my own place and approx 50,000 others share it with me........we call it Tallafornia.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Excuse my ignorance guys, what exactly is the HIRLAM?

Thanks

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm

Danish weather service

Shows the precip for the coming days from 7 this eve

Click on Nedbør

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

To illustrate streamrs & shadow.

Rogue shower in shadow here, pure snow but light.

streamers.png

Well that makes complete sense as to why we have got very little in
    Dublin 4 today! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

timmy89 wrote: »
    Whats happening up there? Harps or anyone else? Seems to be some percip coming in north east over Malin on will it rain today!

Was wondering that myself.. still clutching at non existant straws here:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Has been snowing properly & heavily the last half hour in carrckmines, easing off now but still going! Sticking too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

DOCARCH wrote: »
    M2 bouy at 1600 : 4.0c DP -1.6c

Anyone able to explain what this means please?
    :o
    But this is my own place and approx 50,000 others share it with me........we call it Tallafornia.

....no doubt about it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

RobitTV wrote: »
    Snow has now stopped in Tramore, hopefully we will get Heavier snow showers later..

Did you get much snow in Tramore today? Wondering because looking at the radar most of the showers missed Waterford City and were going south of us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement