Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

To illustrate streamrs & shadow.

Rogue shower in shadow here, pure snow but light.

streamers.png

As long as streamer 1 keeps producing and the winds don't shift too much i'll be happy. :D

I feel for anyone in the shadow, its happened to us in Navan before and may yet happen this eve or tomorrow. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭blainj2

streamers.png

I only started reading this section today but found it very interesting. Hope there is a big shot of show tonight. I see what you are talking about Weathercheck. You can see it on the rain today website too.

dh8l04.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

HIRLAM?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 percy100

pokerface .. Ive to go up to marlfield tonight ... will I make it in a car?

No Snow as yet in Swords

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

lafors wrote: »
    Anyone able to explain what this means please?
    :o

The M2 bouy is a weather bouy located in the Irish Sea off the Dublin coast.

At 4 o'clock, the air temperature was 4.0c and the dewpoint was -1.6c. A dewpoint below 0c is basically good for snow.

• Advertisement

Question about the shadow. Skerries in in path of said shadow, yet appears to be getting snow. So is that because its at end of shadow? Just curious.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Interesting pink clouds coming in to Crumlin...and no, it's not the sun setting before any smart remarks!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

So because of the Isle of Man it looks like no snow for Lucan, would that be correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Jake1 wrote: »
    Question about the shadow. Skerries in in path of said shadow, yet appears to be getting snow. So is that because its at end of shadow? Just curious.

Thanks

That's called anaprop. It's not precipitation, it is distortion on the radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

LID wrote: »
    Interesting pink clouds coming in to Crumlin...and no, it's not the sun setting before any smart remarks!! :)

Maybe they are girl-clouds ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Snowing very heavy d9 and its sticking :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I think those streamers will move south or re-orientate themselves soon as if you look at M2 bouy, wind has gone NNE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

glad to say the midland's has had the biggest snowfall than anywhere so far with more than 8 inches falling in places/& still snowing/This morning started off with the biggest Thunder Storm in 9 Years.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

just want to say it has'nt really stopped snowing in north meath today, stopped for about 90mins during the afternoon, back to a blizzard now, must be at least 3-4 inches or more of snow now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

percy100 wrote: »
    pokerface .. Ive to go up to marlfield tonight ... will I make it in a car?

No Snow as yet in Swords

Percy im just past marlfield up the hill a bit and its impassable from the roundabout just past the entrance to marlfield. You should be ok, but there is alot of snow falling and as we speak there is 3-4 inches on main roads and 8 inches on secondary roads. Be very careful and if your not happy to drive in snow just leave the trip till another day if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

Dam that "shadow", Maynooth seems to be in the middle of it, I hope the winds change direction a bit and we get a bit more coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I think those streamers will move south or re-orientate themselves soon as if you look at M2 bouy, wind has gone NNE.

Bugger

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

streamers.png
    think im going to cry, yes im going to cry its not fair :(:(:(

please say that it WILL change its course, and we could get snow in the D15 area and around as well :(

• Advertisement

Defcol wrote: »
    Bugger

Well maybe not for a bit looking at the 1630 radar.

0.5c DP -0.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bkelly86

heavy snow outside portlaoise now quite windy now too.

According to the SHADOW, Lucan is finished with snow too :(

( go's off to weep..):(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

vibe666 wrote: »

do you know what,i completely forgot google existed,thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Maybe they are girl-clouds ;)

Well they are very pretty!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Heavy graupel D4

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Question for the weather guys....Why were i'm situated are we getting constant snowfall, Sunday was the only day it was broken up a bit. Today is basically constant snow since 3am, are we on some sort of weather path or is it to do with the Dublin Mountains, Basically i'm on the first field at the foot of the hills on Kiltipper hill. Something i've always wondered about.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Jake1 wrote: »
    According to the SHADOW, Lucan is finished with snow too :(

( go's off to weep..):(

:( i know im really sadden by this

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

So because of the Isle of Man it looks like no snow for Lucan, would that be correct?
    load of bull so the isle of man is stopping clouds comming in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

Snowing lightly in D7 Ashtown now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement