Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Bucketing down in Sandyford now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Question for the weather guys....Why were i'm situated are we getting constant snowfall, Sunday was the only day it was broken up a bit. Today is basically constant snow since 3am, are we on some sort of weather path or is it to do with the Dublin Mountains, Basically i'm on the first field at the foot of the hills on Kiltipper hill. Something i've always wondered about.

Thanks in advance.

Definitely the Dublin mountains..the precipitation always makes a bee line for that area. I have seen it time and time again. It gets absolutely everything going. The snowiest area in Ireland and always will be. In the East only about 20 kilometres from the sea hence lots of precipitation but high and exposed and in the coldest part of the country (that and the North)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Really heavy burst of graupel in D4, road is white again. you cant stop us Isle of Man or your shadow (please dont try)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Gerry Murphy on RTE 1 now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like my locations jinxed for the night so! Off for a while hopefully things will have changed on return.

• Advertisement

glossy wrote: »
    :( i know im really sadden by this

But ye know what? we got snow today, so we could get more later. lets not give up hope yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

mothel wrote: »
    Gerry Murphy on RTE 1 now

What's he saying...on conf call so can't listen to it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Jake1 wrote: »
    But ye know what? we got snow today, so we could get more later. lets not give up hope yet :)

hope so really do, now i know how the others feel when we get snow and they dont. but the odd thing is, when you look up in the sky its like a hole (missing snow clouds)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

token56 wrote: »
    Dam that "shadow", Maynooth seems to be in the middle of it, I hope the winds change direction a bit and we get a bit more coverage
    All the indications I can see are for the winds to swing further northward later, which would bring Maynooth into the path of the more northerly streamer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

LID wrote: »

Gradual thaw next week, its not going to get mild again in half a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

gothwalk wrote: »
    All the indications I can see are for the winds to swing further northward later, which would bring Maynooth into the path of the more northerly streamer.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

Graupel-ing in D.14..

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Is south-east Meath (i.e. Dunshaughlin) going to be affected by the stupid Isle of Man shadow? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Any chance for Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

He is at pains to point out that this cold weather does not mean it will be a cold winter. He's right of course, but you can see all this snow and ice is ruining him. He looks haggard and worn out, hasnt been able to say 'it will be a mild day' or 'outbreaks of rain spreading from the southwest' for so long....:cool: He gave a good laymans explanation of the thundestorm phenomenon we had over the past few days as well....

glossy wrote: »
    hope so really do, now i know how the others feel when we get snow and they dont. but the odd thing is, when you look up in the sky its like a hole (missing snow clouds)

Funny that, I just looked out and my house is in a cloud free lane between clouds.
    :)
    Theres talk now of wind change, so fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

Gradual thaw next week, its not going to get mild again in half a day.
    fast thaw for dublin dew to the isle of man:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Heavy snow in East Donegal, Raphoe area and Lifford/Letterkenny Road.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭claire2010

Blizzard has hit Wexford for past two hours :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭coolerhash

no snow in mallow all week:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

He was on the daily show. he said it would last till the weekend with a very gradual thaw next week. Said Friday is hard to perdict as the rain from the atlantic may or may not give significant snow, depending on temps, and that there is more snow tonight tomorrow and tomorrow night for all east coast and eastern counties with very low temps at night. Nothing we didn't already know I guess.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

just want to say it has'nt really stopped snowing in north meath today, stopped for about 90mins during the afternoon, back to a blizzard now, must be at least 3-4 inches or more of snow now :D

Where in North Meath are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

all thawed out here in wicklow tho its gettin cold again

dewpoint -2 at dublin airport, scattered CBs.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

I dont know if we wi get snow here in wexford town, we had rain at times, but now its getting cold again, and we had a few snow flakes about 30 mins ago.....with hail stones

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Fitzo wrote: »
    Any chance for Galway?

they would have a good chance of winning Connaught but can't see them winning the all Ireland ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Kicked off in Trim again. Most showers will be inland according to the Met.ie website.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

-2 here in Killester , thaw has stopped , heavy cloud overhead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Jake1 wrote: »
    unless the winds change back to the E its game over for any1 in the shadow,me included :mad:,god dam IOM shadow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement