Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

trogdor wrote: »
    Not quite cold enough here..everything is damp..Heavy snow shower just now which dropped the temperature to 1.8C but it's still nowhere near sticking

Getting extremely heavy and being driven by the winds too..really dropping the temperature down, now 1.3C/-0.2C a drop from nearly 3.0C about 10 minutes ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

daisling wrote: »
    in west wicklow and has not stopped snowing all day very strong wind and very heavy snow think blizzard cause i cant see houses across road measured snow in front garden about an hour ago 18 inches not in drift
    Pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

At the summit of The Hell Fire Club in the Dublin mountains, visibility down to around 50 metres absolutely beautiful have say.

Jake that post made my day. I know how much your dying for snow, you lasted as long as you could last night.......now you look out your window and its snow to the left and snow to the right, but over Jake's place he gets the pleasure of the Isle of Man shadow thingy........:D

I feel like the ugly stepchild here :( LOL Ah we got a bit today, shouldnt complain. Im still very optimistic. I wish we could move the bleedin Isle Of Man.

Oh,, and i is a woman :);)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

What are the chances of a pasting in Blanch tonight, I see plenty of streamers coming in off the Irish sea although nothing deposited as of yet... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

I've given up....... Its all over for Carlow. Until next year Easterly...... Its been emotional.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pollyos

snow in south wexford, gone to minus 1 and very cold. snow staying even though it had thawd earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Absolutely nothing in Santry :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Is the wind suppose to stay like this all night or is it due to change at any point ?

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Nowt in D2.

Leaving now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

dacogawa wrote: »
    OK. I think the wind has changed a bit (by this map) http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/forecast

It was NE in most of the Irish sea (IOM) but now its ENE, I think thats good news for the southside right ? (someone help me out here please)

ANYONE know if this is right, has the wind changed & is Dublin going to get hit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Jake1 wrote: »
    I feel like the ugly stepchild here :( LOL Ah we got a bit today, shouldnt complain. Im still very optimistic. I wish we could move the bleedin Isle Of Man.

Oh,, and i is a woman :);)

Ah i was gonna say that for ya! ha ... dam, oh btw , that coddle was LOVERLY yesterday! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

we had the first snowfall in Douglas today, 30 minutes of snow fall, nothing too bad but enough to trigger the teachers to contact all parents to come and collect the children...only in Ireland :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

m2 dp bit of a rise -0.4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

Getting extremely heavy and being driven by the winds too..really dropping the temperature down, now 1.3C/-0.2C a drop from nearly 3.0C about 10 minutes ago!

I'm getting that shower here too, very blustery! I have noticed the D.P here is being very stubborn around 0, any ideas if thats going to change anytime soon??

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

What are the chances of a pasting in Blanch tonight, I see plenty of streamers coming in off the Irish sea although nothing deposited as of yet... :rolleyes:

Slim to none- You're in the shadow of the Isle Of Man...

Iancar29 wrote: »
    [/B]
    Ah i was gonna say that for ya! ha ... dam, oh btw , that coddle was LOVERLY yesterday! :rolleyes:

You should have come today for the leek and Potato soup :)

Need good hearty food in this bitter weather. Theres more snow coming, I feel it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

Big blizzard here aswell,
    never seen the like of it except in Russia once.

Very heavy snow here but still not cold enough to stick, 1.2C/0.1C, everything is wet.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Just cleaned off my car (about to go out to rehearsal) took off 4-plus inches...

Just two days ago I took off three inches.

So that's at least seven inches in D14 in the last 3-4 days.

not bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Stillorgan Dual carrige way and dundrum area very slow, plenty of lovely snow however its all stopped now.

Whats the prognosses for this evening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Inland counties deserve it more cork and dublin stink big time & shudnt get snow

How rude and anyway too late! We have LOADS of it!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Damn you bog hoppers. That snow was meant for civilistaion. Give it back. A pox on your spud fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭ongarite

Slim to none- You're in the shadow of the Isle Of Man...

Damn, looking out the windows and its a perfectly clear sky above. Going to be a cold and dry night, oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Could people add their location and height above sea level below their name. Its important in this type of thread.

For height above sea level : http://www.earthtools.org/

For location : look at the last letter delivered to your house :p

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Flurries back iin Greystones but as soon as they stop they melt awaym still not cold enough to stick, wind is getting up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Very heavy snow here but still not cold enough to stick, 1.2C/0.1C, everything is wet.

Shows you what a km does - Extreemly heavy. Everything ( roads inc) covered again...... Absolutely bucketing down. Footprints all covered in again & obviouslycold enough- even the pine trees looked like we sprayed them with fake snow again....

Starting to stick to cars here but that's all it seems like such a waste given the sheer volume of snow that is actually falling here, crazy amounts! 1.1C/0.1C

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Made my first snowman today at the age of 20! Very proud :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Alot of folk disgruntled with the Isle of Man here. Myself included.

Kinda reminds me of the Icelandic Volcano.

Edit: I meant to say replace Iceland with "Isle of Misery"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement