Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Stopped again in Greystones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Still snowing like mad here in south Meath, at least 20 minutes worth, and strange ominous rumblings going, think it's gusts of winds over the snow fields, doesn't sound like thunder or aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Whats my chances of being able to drive from Blanch to Finglas in the morning safely with a small toddler in the car tomorrow at 7am?

My estate is full of slush (and boy racers:mad:) I'm worried it might freeze over tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Not wrote: »
    Still snowing like mad here in south Meath, at least 20 minutes worth, and strange ominous rumblings going, think it's gusts of winds over the snow fields, doesn't sound like thunder or aircraft.

Its the rapture. Drop to your knees and pray for the snow to hit Dublin instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 timmy89

My anti virus software just detected a trojan on the link you provided. Better not use it anyone!

That was directed at irish1967

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

This makes for interesting listening:

http://dublincityfm.ie/

Glad I stayed at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

we had the first snowfall in Douglas today, 30 minutes of snow fall, nothing too bad but enough to trigger the teachers to contact all parents to come and collect the children...only in Ireland :rolleyes:

Thought you were Douglas (Isle of Man) for a second

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭elmoslattery

irish1967 wrote: »
    Could people add their location and height above sea level below their name. Its important in this type of thread.

For height above sea level : http://www.earthtools.org/

For location : look at the last letter delivered to your house :p

its not snowed here for the last few hours but hopefully it will snow throuhh the night.

location 53.3239°N 6.278°W (rathmines, dublin)
    height 6ft 2in
    height above sea level 91.9ft

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

Sleet & hail in blizzard like conditions, a bloody gale howling out there. Temp 0c with wind easterly. Half an hour ago it was raining, roads were wet now white, mad weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

And still, Waterford has nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

pp_me wrote: »

Sounds about right in every aspect ;)

Enniscorthy had a good dose of heavy snow earlier on but it was above freezing at that moment so it didn't stick. Hopefully we'll get the same tonight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

pp_me wrote: »

I'm feeling your pain pp. Seems like our snow shield is back in working order after a brief malfunction on Saturday :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Folks, for the love of Christ, please be very careful crossing roads and ensure cars have come to a full stop if crossing at a pedestrian crossing. Saw a lot of close calls today.some pedestrian crossings are like icerinks at the moment.

F*** me afterposting that its coming down

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭daisling

208m West Wicklow - don't mind snow hate thaw and grit that hangs around for weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DAL4vou2tars&h=98be9

Thunder and lightning over Dublin and then snow...couple of days old but cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

And another thing, watch side roads! I nearly got taken out from the side when a car came sliding down the hill towards the main road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

daisling wrote: »
    208m West Wicklow - don't mind snow hate thaw and grit that hangs around for weeks
    Well it has to melt eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CuteOne

timmy89 wrote: »
    My anti virus software just detected a trojan on the link you provided. Better not use it anyone!

That was directed at irish1967

Same thing happened to me when I went to look up height asl on that site.

The good news for Waterford is, the smallest flury we just got, stuck to everything it landed on. so if it would just SNOW we are in business.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

OK, that's definitely thunder in south Meath. Snow stopped now.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

thunder clap in Sandyford! I've an assignment due in for college tomorrow - damn this weather - I can't concentrate:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

No snow in Marino, just really cold and windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

lightening in the dundrum / balintear area.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

thunder, lightening:D:D:D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steppes

Calm here in Beaumont, Dublin. 2 degrees according to my laptop's weather app; it's been milder than usual the past day. Can we expect the temperatures to drop any further tonight? Any precipitation here has been rain or hail :(

Edit: Just saw a flash of lightning. No thunder so it's probably far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Stupid Isle of Man :( I want compensation from them for ruining my snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

So what happened to the arrival of the colder siberian air...it hasnt arrived yet has it?! I notice the M2 buoy is still at 4deg with a DP of -0.4deg.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Plasmoid

Thunder and Lightning and a pretty heavy snow shower just starting to ease off In Leopardstown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

More Lightning over Dublin City Center

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement