Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

Massive blue flash of lighning. No thunder either yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Sounds like a good bit of the east coast went bang all at the same time !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

pp_me wrote: »
    The good news for Waterford is, the smallest flury we just got, stuck to everything it landed on. so if it would just SNOW we are in business.

If only we could get one decent heavy shower. Temp wise we are fine. Temp 1.2c Dp -0.7.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

If only we could get one decent heavy shower. Temp wise we are fine. Temp 1.2c Dp -0.7.

One can hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Damn snow is avoiding Dublin :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Some pictures from Dublin Airport today around 3pm during a heavy shower of graupel. Runway was closed for 30 mins for de-icing and braking action tests after.

That graupel stuff is awful to drive in, I found it a lot slippier than proper snow on the roads out there even in a 4x4

DSC00849.jpg

DSC00847.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Treehere

Imma seein no lightening here hm....

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

545hk.jpg

more coming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

God damn ashbiurne better get snow. Argh

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Treehere wrote: »
    Imma seein no lightening here hm....

wheres here? tim buk 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lashing down snow in Enniscorthy,proper powder and gone very blustery.

Would it be possible to get a fresh update shortly from the EXPERTS :)

Not from folks who are miserable and have bad feelings... LOL

Be nice to hear what you all see for the rest of the night, if there have been any changes. Might stop some of the panic over thaw etc ..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

God damn ashbiurne better get snow. Argh

It's been snowing here for the last hour, 5 miles from ashbounre.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

I'm in Celbridge and in the IOM shadow thing too so I've been trying to find out about the wind direction and whether it's likely to change. Major warning here is that I don't know much about this at all!

But I looked at this site: http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm which a lot of the knowledgeable posters here have put up links for. I clicked the link called 'Vind' which I'm assuming is wind, and I'm guessing that it's the direction of the wind in the Irish Sea that we need to be looking at. Well, assuming that I'm right about that, and it's a big if, the animation shows that there will be a change in direction to a more direct easterly wind, but not until about 3.

Would be interested to know if any of the experienced weatherheads here could confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

smokin ace wrote: »
    i am south of gorey aswell by about 8 miles but it seemed that the showers were very localised as i could see them in the distance and fair enough we got some good snow over the weekend but all i am saying is we wont get any more in our neck of the woods and that all we will get is severe frost but no more snow

Hi ace again,

Hope you've gotten the "blizzard-LIKE" little squalls in the last 15mins or so? That "Will it Rain Today?" site is really spot on. Weathercheck put up a very good illustration of the direction these bands are going. Makes it easier to guess if one of the blobs will hit us...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Jake1 wrote: »
    Massive blue flash of lighning. No thunder either yet.

hope this is a good sign for us,,,:D:D:D

now back ti making the dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Treehere

Here is Dundrum, Dublin to whoever asked. Jeeze, I think I'd be better off adding a location in my profile lol.

Also I see NADA right now...

... actually scratch that it just started hailing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

How come this Isle Of Man shadow never keeps any rain off Lucan :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Sonovagun wrote: »
    It's been snowing here for the last hour, 5 miles from ashbounre.
    That sucks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Evening Folks..

Isle of man aint doing Nrth Dublin any favours..

Any chance that will change ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

Saganist wrote: »
    Evening Folks..

Isle of man aint doing Nrth Dublin any favours..

Any chance that will change ?

Hopefuly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

bogmanfan wrote: »
    lol so true :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Jake1 wrote: »
    Would it be possible to get a fresh update shortly from the......

Note I deleted the expert bit.

The current pattern should now pretty much remain in place overnight and into tomorrow with streamers coming onshore.

The streamers will (hopefully for me) 'wobble' slighty north and south as the wind direction fluctuates bewteen NE and ENE.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

That sucks!!!

Quite like it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Does anyone kmow if North Dublin City is in the IOL shadow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

Hi ace again,

Hope you've gotten the "blizzard-LIKE" little squalls in the last 15mins or so? That "Will it Rain Today?" site is really spot on. Weathercheck put up a very good illustration of the direction these bands are going. Makes it easier to guess if one of the blobs will hit us...

i got them alright i feel a bit more optimistic now than earlier on but i still think it will be very very little

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Treehere wrote: »
    Here is Dundrum, Dublin to whoever asked. Jeeze, I think I'd be better off adding a location in my profile lol.

Also I see NADA right now...

... actually scratch that it just started hailing...

Seems like the logical thing to do :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

we had the first snowfall in Douglas today, 30 minutes of snow fall, nothing too bad but enough to trigger the teachers to contact all parents to come and collect the children...only in Ireland :rolleyes:

college of comm closed shop at 3 o clock. majority of schools on the northside sent the kids home at half 2.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

God there's five of us, all converging on the Naas road at 8, from all over the city. Anyone been on S Dublin roads recently???

How bad is it???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

bogmanfan wrote: »

Simples

Most of our precipitation/weather arrives from the west and southwest

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement