Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

n11 solid. tRAFIC PURE s**** pity people travelling home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

S
    Sonovagun wrote: »
    Quite like it myself.
    sucks cos I'm not getting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

snowing again in enfield :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Another Waterford hopeful sittin here. My car is clear of snow now. I missed the major burst of snow down here on Saturday so it seems I'm out of luck once again!

The way things are set up now Im doubtful of seeing any white stuff tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Hi ace again,

Hope you've gotten the "blizzard-LIKE" little squalls in the last 15mins or so? That "Will it Rain Today?" site is really spot on. Weathercheck put up a very good illustration of the direction these bands are going. Makes it easier to guess if one of the blobs will hit us...

forget dublin, look at the system just off the coast of cork. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    forget dublin, look at the system just off the coast of cork. :(

Is Cork going to get more snow? It looks to me to be staying at sea.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Lads, is Roscommon town bad?

Ali Babba wrote: »
    Is Cork going to get more snow? It looks to me to be staying at sea.....

yup, looks that way to me. waste of perfectly good snow if you ask me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Trotter wrote: »
    Another Waterford hopeful sittin here. My car is clear of snow now. I missed the major burst of snow down here on Saturday so it seems I'm out of luck once again!

The way things are set up now Im doubtful of seeing any white stuff tonight.

We might see some action later if this stays on track.

potentialsnow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Blasted Isle of Man.

I am very concerned the flow will not change very much in the next 36 hours but hopefully it will change enough.

Very worrying though.

Suppose give it a few hours, we dont want any until 3am anyway, nice late night lamp watch ye:pac::pac::o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

The line of streamers forming south of the Isle of Man has been pounding Blessington area all day..anyone from near there can give us an idea of the depth of snow there now?I'd imagine the N81 is lethal at this stage.

Also does anyone know if the colder siberian uppers have arrived yet? I thought they should be here by now meaning temps would have dropped significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

If the snow over manchester is headed for ireland looks like we will miss that as well:rolleyes:

edit mickger has a lot more favorable direction of the snow i'll go with his

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

potentialsnow.jpg

i seen that as well but i am afraid that it will fizzle out before it gets to us

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

potentialsnow.jpg

Uh oh Mick the 21:00 graphic doesnt have much action bubbling up in the Irish sea!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

S sucks cos I'm not getting it!

Well that's a job for your hubby, ask him Why you're not getting it. I can't help you there lol.

Still snowing its graupel though. Place is White and freezing already.

potentialsnow.jpg

not gonna get any of that are we?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

potentialsnow.jpg

Oh Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭nifheorais

Sonovagun wrote: »
    Well that's a job for your hubby, ask him Why you're not getting it. I can't help you there lol.

Still snowing its graupel though. Place is White and freezing already.
    Whats graupel? Is it sleet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Could that take a day or two to make it's way across?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Uh oh Mick the 21:00 graphic doesnt have much action bubbling up in the Irish sea!

Don't think it will show on that type of predictive radar as they just bubble up out of the blue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Looks like the winds will start to change from 9pm, seem to veer south when they hit land

3hr-wind.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

graupel is light snowy hail. It's White and is sticking, so it does me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

The actual radar image will be nothing like that. Radar projections into the future or ones that claim to tell you the precipitation type are extremely inaccurate, on the radar image posted it does not take into account the fact that showers will be springing up over the sea constantly while the one's crossing land weaken and die away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

roads in portarlington are a joke,there an ice rink all main rds

trogdor wrote: »
    The actual radar image will be nothing like that. Radar projections into the future or ones that claim to tell you the precipitation type are extremely inaccurate, on the radar image posted it does not take into account the fact that showers will be springing up over the sea constantly while the one's crossing land weaken and die away.

would it be possible for it to hit the south east
    COME ON GIVE US SOME HOPE :D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

potentialsnow.jpg

Lads thats only a predictive radar ,

I find it only reliable with in the 30-60 minute mark

is it just me or is the streamers bubbling up in the irish sea tracking more south

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The Isle Of Man shadow is the most annoying thing ever. Dunshaughlin and most of Co Meath was under it's Shadow for the entire cold spell last year which resulted in us only seeing not much more than a dusting while 10 miles down the road in D15 saw nearly a foot of snow. It was so annoying. Looks like at the moment the shadow is over D15 and parts of South Meath. Dunshaughlin is at the moment on the very edge of the shadow so we are only seeing light showers at the moment. If the wind switchs slightly to the north we will get a dumping, if it switchs in any way further to the east we will be under the full extent of the shadow once again.

hold up, according to the map cork is supposed to get something at 9 o clock? it looks small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Lads thats only a predictive radar ,

I find it only reliable with in the 30-60 minute mark

Will the winds ever change and give us some snow !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement