Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Looks like the winds will start to change from 9pm, seem to veer south when they hit land

3hr-wind.gif

The Main flow will still be coming from the siberian tap

Now here comes the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Sonovagun wrote: »
    Well that's a job for your hubby, ask him Why you're not getting it. I can't help you there lol.

Still snowing its graupel though. Place is White and freezing already.
    Well... whoosh a bit over this way will ya ;) good chap!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Frank Spencer looking at a big event for Friday :eek:

Mainly snow up around the east coast tomorrow ,

Starting to like this lad alot , brutal presenter though !

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

Gonzo wrote: »
    The Isle Of Man shadow is the most annoying thing ever. Dunshaughlin and most of Co Meath was under it's Shadow for the entire cold spell last year which resulted in us only seeing not much more than a dusting while 10 miles down the road in D15 saw nearly a foot of snow. It was so annoying. Looks like at the moment the shadow is over D15 and parts of South Meath. Dunshaughlin is at the moment on the very edge of the shadow so we are only seeing light showers at the moment. If the wind switchs slightly to the north we will get a dumping, if it switchs in any way further to the east we will be under the full extent of the shadow once again.

tell me about it and i live here

it stops us getting all that snow as well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

He did say significant didnt he !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

Watching RTE Waterford is in for some snow ;;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Left North Dublin at 4.30,got down to M9 turn off toward carlow,Half mile down the M9 Motorway and blizzard,10 mile an hour,could not see,using gears to slow down and still skidding,a gob****e overtook on fast lane and lost it for couple of seconds,his/her jeep slid sideways,regained control and they pulled in their horns and rejoined queue.Back home only now and heaviest Snowfall of the cold spell.looked at radar and im caught in a streamer,mental snowfall for ages.

And only now will i take back my statement of a waste of a Greenland blocking high.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

RTE weather looks promising for tomorrow! Does so for tonight aswell, hopefully that god damn isle of man shadow will f eck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Why do people complain about Gerry Murphy?

That was a great forecast I thought. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

potentialsnow.jpg
    Lads thats only a predictive radar ,

I find it only reliable with in the 30-60 minute mark

Agree with you there with the 30-60 minute reliability factor. Just put it up there
    hoping that it "might" happen ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

redsunset wrote: »
    Left North Dublin at 4.30,got down to M9 turn off toward carlow,Half mile down the M9 Motorway and blizzard,10 mile an hour,could not see,using gears to slow down and still skidding,a gob****e overtook on fast lane and lost it for couple of seconds,his/her jeep slid sideways,regained control and they pulled in their horns and rejoined queue.Back home only now and heaviest Snowfall of the cold spell.looked at radar and im caught in a streamer,mental snowfall for ages.

And only now will i take back my statement of a waste of a Greenland blocking high.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Was driving through that in the opposite directiona round same time. It was really sticking. Looks like some serious snow down that direction for tonight. snow day tomorrow maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    hold up, according to the map cork is supposed to get something at 9 o clock? it looks small.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

GERRY was kind on the wetaher tonight

He is my god!!!-- if we get snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hey guys, stuck in Edinburgh at the moment after my flight was cancelled on Monday. Booked in for a flight first thing in the morning, although Im not holding out much hope of it going :/

Say it does go and I get to Dublin Airport, are the buses running to Athlone at the moment?

Then the last leg of my journey, what would be the best way to drive to Limerick from Athlone then? I normally go Athlone -> Cloghan -> Nenagh -> Limerick , but can only imagine the roads would be brutal. Would i be better off going to Galway and then to Limerick?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Mainly snow up around the east coast tomorrow ,

Starting to like this lad not , brutal presenter though !

there better be a big event for every one

Well deserved for you it has to be said , enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

missed half it - Stupid imagine man rang !

So what we to get tonight - That last shower pasted us again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 46 krrh

Can someone please tell me if west Dublin (clondalkin) is gonna get anymore snow tonight or tomorrow?

Have everything crossed that we do!

Ps totally addicted to this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

From what I can see, The showers are coming in south of Dublin off the Irish Sea, and moving in a south easterly direction, as the winds are after picking up it should drive a few showers over Carlow, and Kilkenny, I cant see much hitting Waterford maybe an odd light shower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

you must be up killeshin or somewhere are you?

• Advertisement

It was a brilliant forecast but there is no hiding from the fact that he comes across brutally , though mind you , tonight was one his better ones in this cold snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lads IMHO that was a very good forecast from Gerry murphy (for us anyway!!) ESP Friday! Any chance cork might get in on some of the action on Friday - since the rain is moving across the whole country surely we'll get something and not just the east coast?? We'll prob get rain - and then it'll freeze!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I have my doubts about Friday. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't mostly rain or wet snow/sleet turning to rain.

Enjoy the snow over the next couple of days and hopefully we get a reload of cold next week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I hope the weather picks up and melts all this snow away.. what are u's all like wanting the country to be covered deep in snow.. You do realise that this country can't cope with this type of weather..

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

COMING DOWN IN WATERFORD. WINDS PICKING UP. COMEE ON.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

Hey guys, stuck in Edinburgh at the moment after my flight was cancelled on Monday. Booked in for a flight first thing in the morning, although Im not holding out much hope of it going :/

Say it does go and I get to Dublin Airport, are the buses running to Athlone at the moment?

Then the last leg of my journey, what would be the best way to drive to Limerick from Athlone then? I normally go Athlone -> Cloghan -> Nenagh -> Limerick , but can only imagine the roads would be brutal. Would i be better off going to Galway and then to Limerick?

Thanks

there is a different board for travel disruptions :confused::confused:

I have my doubts about Friday. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't mostly rain or wet snow/sleet turning to rain.

Enjoy the snow over the next couple of days and hopefully we get a reload of cold next week. :D

Do you think that is possible ? I mean looking at the charts .(Cold reload)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

krrh wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me if west Dublin (clondalkin) is gonna get anymore snow tonight or tomorrow?

Have everything crossed that we do!

Ps totally addicted to this thread!

Nope. The isle of man is taking it all from Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    I hope the weather picks up and melts all this snow away.. what are u's all like wanting the country to be covered deep in snow.. You do realise that this country can't cope with this type of weather..

yeah i kinda hope it eases off. i saw a homeless guy last nite freezing just wandering around... felt sorry for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

missed it,what he say?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement